from today
2011001069.jpg

The podium is interesting but the tower is unremarkable.

It's not really fair to judge this tower before the effect of the faceted balconies is fully realized. Here's a reminder of what we can expect, keeping in the mind aA buildings tend to deliver substantially all of what their renderings promise.

ClearSpiritsExterior750.jpg

I think it's be pretty subdued from a far ... having said that the quality of materials being used here is impressive that much is already clear !

Don't worry, vegeta is slowly coming around. It starts with more obvious stunners like 4S but soon one can't help but be attracted to the rest of their oeuvre. Eventually your eye becomes trained to look for the little details which set aA's projects apart from the rest. Check the Market Wharf thread for further evidence.

Well, we'll see if the effect is nearly as dramatic as the render would suggest. And yes, Market Wharf is turning out to be far more distinct than I had originally envisioned. To be fair to aA, there was a time when I wasn't well versed with all their developments and I erroneously grouped them in with some of the lesser developers. However I stand by my concerns regarding the monotony of their recent designs. I'm really curious to see what they actually have in store for 501 Yonge.

This development isn't just about The Three Graces - the towers. It's about the ensemble effect of three point towers that are variations on a theme, combined with the horizontal mass of the red brick heritage buildings, as well as how the new low rise buildings expand the existing network of pedestrian lanes that the heritage buildings define. Like, y'know, how Renaissance ROM wasn't just about the Crystal.

Back