I think it'll come down to the materials. If they're cheap, this'll look junky. If they're high quality, the form will shine through and this building could look cutting. At this juncture, I think there's reason to be optimistic.

So basically it is the 'safe' choice? I don't think the architect/developer behind Toronto's tallest tower should be striving for playing it safe.

By all means strive for more, but didn't they already do that with KPF? This isn't like Southcore bland in a Southcore bland area, and there are enough "texture" to make the design interesting - and this is only preliminary.

AoD

I think it flirts with bland. But yeah, I like it a great deal more than Aura.

It's certainly different than the majority condo designs we've seen across the city, aside from its slender footprint, it's more in line with an office tower with a simple curtainwall facade and no balcony treatment. I agree that it's not the most iconic design for Canada's tallest, but I like the direction they're headed.
We need to see some more renders of the project that are not distorted in perspective like the main image Cresford has used in the marketing. It makes it look very top-heavy, when in reality that shouldn't be the case.

The architectural plans are available on the city website.

aA are working along with KPF.

Last edited:
I feel like when you ask for a KPF tower you are asking for an angular silver glass tower. That is their thing. It would be more. Othersome if it was a different firm using their design language. And actually... I would be super thrilled with a ruby red.

The architectural plans are available on the city website.

aA are working along with KPF.

Thanks for that.

Screenshot from one of the documents, extremely slender on the north/south elevation.

34112822171_15d797a5e1_c.jpg

Source: http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...ion=init&folderRsn=3735334&isCofASearch=false

Back