News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I'd really like to see McCormick unemployed for the near future. No seat on council, no job at Sportsnet...

By the sounds of that, Karlene Nation and Rob Ford should hook up - they'd be a match made in heaven. If she's lucky, he might even smack her around in the bedroom...

Karlene Nation will come in fourth or fifth and get less than 10% of the vote.

George Sawision is not a serious candidate. He has nice signs, but he runs in every election and gets like 50 votes.

George Sawision is not a serious candidate. He has nice signs, but he runs in every election and gets like 50 votes.

He got a lot more than that to finish second vs Pantalone last time...by default. With all the competition, I expect much less now.

McCormick is very charming so I won't be surprised to see him get a lot of support. Layton will probably win it though. Most of the ward still loves Pantalone and Layton got his endorsement. Many voters won't even research the candidates and will vote for the guy who Pants recommended. I'm likely voting for Sun though. I like a hard worker who always has time to talk to individual constituents.

There seems a fair number of "Liberal-coloured" Jim Likourezos signs--wonder if that'll steal McCormick votes away...

Likourezos stands a 0% chance of getting any more than 0.5% of the vote. He's a horrible speaker and doesn't know the issues in the ward. He's been booed and laughed at during debates and one constituent even told him to go "enlighten himself" when he asked to be enlightened on an election issue he knew nothing about. He's your typical couch politician who somehow thinks he can do the job in the real world.

McCormick has actually got me concerned for the ward and the city. I'm not going to vote strategically but I sure hope that Sun and Layton don't split the left vote. From the signage I've seen in my hood, Layton seems to be doing better than Sun. I'm still leaning towards Sun though.

Last edited:
Likourezos stands a 0% chance of getting any more than 0.5% of the vote. He's a horrible speaker and doesn't know the issues in the ward. He's been booed and laughed at during debates and one constituent even told him to go "enlighten himself" when he asked to be enlightened on an election issue he knew nothing about. He's your typical couch politician who somehow thinks he can do the job in the real world.

I agree with MetroMan about Likourezos, which is why the large number of his signs has created a large WTF factor in how I view the sign war. I just don't buy that all the people with signs on their lawns are actually voting for the candidate on the sign.

In Ward 22 there is a choice of "stop Transit City" or "abolish the OMB". I'm abstaining.

The DRL is important but Transit City is funded. No point in cancelling something until you have funded an alternative. The argument that nothing is better than something is illogical... like saying I would rather make $150K per year at some undetermined point in the future than $20K now. $20K is un-liveable so I will have $0 now and hold out for something better.

The OMB upholds planning documents like the Official Plan and Places to Grow Act. Change the Official Plan and zoning laws to show consistency with what is in each document, what is currently built, and what has been permitted in the past and voila the OMB is unlikely to overrule council. The only reason OMB rules against the city is because the city likes to say one thing in the official plan, and when the NIMBY's come out they say something completely different. We need the OMB unfortunately. Make the zoning and official plans detailed and clear and the OMB issue becomes mute.

Back