Also, I'm a little disappointed to see how far back the tower is set from the street. I was hoping for it to match X to help create a bit of a streetwall at the north end of Jarvis. As it is the tower won't even be visible from the south end of Jarvis looking north.

A shot looking north on Jarvis at the edge of the property lines at Charles Street. Couture pretty much lines up with X and the apartment building to the north in fact it seems to be a couple of feet closer to the street than X. The red arrow points to Couture.

Yep, I knew the podium came out to the street like that, it was the setback on the tower portion itself that I was a little disappointed by. Down at Jarvis and Wellesley you'd have no idea there was a 42s tower under construction up behind X

Update from today - something a little bit different.

Taken from X condo. They are working on the 5th floor of residences from this vantage point (Southern). I think further to the Northern portion of the site they are already hitting the 6th floor.
couture-pano.jpg

( don't be alarmed... I used autostitch to stitch a few photos together, so the building does not look straight - but believe me, it is :) )

Looks like it is already on the 7th floor in your pic, or am I missing something?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, I knew the podium came out to the street like that, it was the setback on the tower portion itself that I was a little disappointed by. Down at Jarvis and Wellesley you'd have no idea there was a 42s tower under construction up behind X

I see what you mean now, gotcha'. The tower is inset considerably.

Taken today: Looking towards Couture from the West. Note the balcony formations on the Southern side. So it looks like 6th floor of residences and 8th floor overall.

couture-31-08-2011.jpg

Last edited:
Taken today. Looking towards Couture from the South/East (Mt. Pleasant meets Ted Rogers Way/Jarvis - something like that).

couture-02-09-2011.jpg

If it comes close to the rendering this could turn out to be a nice little surprise. Imagine this sitting between the featureless apartment building to the north and X. Optimism people, optimism!

couture-render_Nov28-07.jpg

Back