It's nice to have a place with a great view, but I don't think it is that important for buyers in the long run. Location! Location! Location! is!

meh, all I know is its a view killer for a lot of neighbours...

True, I have a friend in Bloor Walk with a S/E corner unit who is getting walled in by the three developments at this corner. I also have a friend in the apartment at Bloor & Jarvis (235 Bloor E.) but he faces Jarvis St., so he won't be affected but those with south facing windows sure will be.

While walking along Yonge and taking a glance down Hayden, I realized this building will be the east view terminus for the street.

Interesting. I've noticed that from Church Street, hadn't noticed from Yonge Street though. It's certainly not a bad thing if it turns out well.

Couture filling in the gaps. Taken from Hayden and Yonge St.

couture-15-09-2011.jpg

From Bloor Walk condos, facing east late this afternoon

No cladding yet. I was told by a construction worker a few weeks back that once Couture hits the 10th floor, we'd see some glass. They are now on the 12/13 floor of residences (total of about 15 floors now with podium + 2nd floor which I am assuming is the amenity area). I am assuming this week will be the week where we'll get our first glance at the glass. Until then, here's...

Couture vs. X

couture-01-10-2011-1.jpg

Still no glass on site as of today, soon I hope!

Still no glass on site as of today, soon I hope!

Last week I was told by a construction worker that the guys who measure the windows were on site all week taking measurements. It could be this week that we see some cladding, but there is still no framing in place.

Back