News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.3K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

Next opportunity for the media to ask questions.

"east york" is quite a general area.
Though id put money on TOC related announcement

Considering the location is East York, I assume it would be related to the Ontario Line / TOC. Perhaps MSF related or far fetched is the contract execution for Elevated Portion that will be running through that area (this isn't expected till January tho). Doubt it is for the Eglinton LRT or else it would have leaked by now imo

Theyve done 2 groundbreakings for pape and king/bathurst so MSF kinda makes sense?

I suppose it could be the structure for the Ontario Line over the Don Valley too. Or one of the 3 new Ontario line stations in East York. We are spoiled that there's so many projects going on, that it's hard to even come up with a short-list.

they just poured the eastern avenue bridge too

I feel like thats way too small scale to bring in the federal minister of infrastructure.
Unless you connect it to "smarttrack" and the money the feds gave for that

You all missed the obvious clues...

Allow me to sleuth:
A little TY to @robmausser for his giving me a small statistical milestone here at UT
And digging a bit further...

1727834008911.png

Clearly they are meeting in East York to announce and congratulate a significant milestone...

I do not like the route nomenclature. Line 5, without looking that up I have no ideas which one that is. What was wrong with Bloor-Danforth, University-Spadina, Sheppard, Eglinton LRT, etc? These names told us clearly what was what, and could be updated as their routes extended.
Dont worry you're not going to see the name "Line 5" on the LRVs themselves".

Their destination signs are programmed to read: "Eglinton to Mount Dennis --> vers Mount Dennis; or Eglinton to Kennedy ---> vers Kennedy"

So you'll still get your merry way with that.

Back