News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

You don't, evidently. But I am certain that some people on this forum do appreciate accuracy. Yes, let's discuss, as an aspiration, what Leslie could be or should be. But, at the same time, let's ensure that we are accurately referencing as it pertains to the EA. If this was the fantasy maps thread, I honestly wouldn't care either, but we are considering a bonafide, live transit project here, and we should endeavor to get the facts straight.

My goodness. Get over yourself.

Would a crosstown even be worth it now? Seems like it would be a second transfer point, not like the relationship between Grand Central-Penn or Montreal's two Stations. Would people from Markham, Barrie want to be dumped on Summerhill?

Go Crosstown is a long shot; its usability depends on the overall network configuration at that time.

One possibility is DRL subway going up to Eglinton and further north to intercept the GO Crosstown line; that would become a sensible way to get downtown from north-east.

Besides, not everybody goes downtown; quite a few riders will use a connection between midtown locations, provided that GO Crosstown is integrated with feeder services.

And they are calling it Mount Dennis. This was covered in the recent consultation - http://thecrosstown.ca/news-media/w...-and-black-creek-maintenance-storage-facility. If you look at the final presentation - http://thecrosstown.ca/sites/default/files/Keele-Jane-Black-Creek-EPR-web_0.pdf you'll see the phasing is clarified on slides 1 and 2 (with Jane being part of the 14 km Phase 2 out to Pearson airport.
Thanks for the info. Much easier for me to just jump on a line in 10 years then the bus trip or drive now.

Go Crosstown is a long shot; its usability depends on the overall network configuration at that time.

One possibility is DRL subway going up to Eglinton and further north to intercept the GO Crosstown line; that would become a sensible way to get downtown from north-east.

Besides, not everybody goes downtown; quite a few riders will use a connection between midtown locations, provided that GO Crosstown is integrated with feeder services.

Very true. I think the DRL should go to Eglinton on both sides anyway, which should take massive pressure off of the Yonge/U/S lines.

Thanks for the info. Much easier for me to just jump on a line in 10 years then the bus trip or drive now.

7 years now, possibly less. I seem to remember reading somewhere that if the allen is closed for construction it could actually move the date up to 2019. whatever year it opens, I have a feeling it will be November or December. with any luck (and with good reason) we won't have any deaths like there was on spadina that sets the construction schedule back by an entire year.

7 years now, possibly less. I seem to remember reading somewhere that if the allen is closed for construction it could actually move the date up to 2019. whatever year it opens, I have a feeling it will be November or December. with any luck (and with good reason) we won't have any deaths like there was on spadina that sets the construction schedule back by an entire year.

Let's hope. Toronto is moving forward, in some ways, for once. I know I was annoying about the airport extension, but it was only because I've heard no public comments and I want to see a complete line. Of course we have the express but that will be 15 dollars a piece.

Do you think the former city of york will see an increase in house prices from the project? It's the only cheap area left in the city.

Back on the topic of elevation, what paths are available for Metrolinx to elevate Eglinton East? Metrolinx is apparently discussing the idea so I presume that Eglinton East elevation before opening is somewhat plausible. Any thoughts?

Back on the topic of elevation, what paths are available for Metrolinx to elevate Eglinton East? Metrolinx is apparently discussing the idea so I presume that Eglinton East elevation before opening is somewhat plausible. Any thoughts?
There's no indication that Metrolinx is considering changes. If nothing, the recent decision by Metrolinx to preserve Ferrand as a surface stop, and the recent issue of the RFQ on the project imply that things are now set in stone.

What's leading you to believe that they are considering major changes?

There's no indication that Metrolinx is considering changes. If nothing, the recent decision by Metrolinx to preserve Ferrand as a surface stop, and the recent issue of the RFQ on the project imply that things are now set in stone.

What's leading you to believe that they are considering major changes?

Nothing more that discussion here on UT from members who've been in contact with people at Metrolinx. I don't consider elevation particularly likely but I think it's fair to say that Metrolinx absolutely wants ECLRT East to be elevated. I was just curious as to how Metrolinx could go about elevation if through some unlikely miracle they found a way to.

A political champion. That's pretty much the only way at this point, because Metrolinx, although they clearly want grade-separation, don't want to reopen the political can of worms. It's politics that put it as at-grade in the first place, so it's only politics that can switch it to something that makes more sense (elevated).

Ford could have been that champion if he wasn't so stupidly insistent on having it underground. I seriously think that if Ford had proposed 'grade-separated', and let Metrolinx decide how, that grade-separated would have made it through the Transit City fight, instead of having it revert to the pre-Ford design.

Who is Metrolinx? If the powers behind Metrolinx wanted grade separation on Eglinton East there would be grade separation on Eglinton East. I sense a general indifference to it from Metrolinx. I have never seen a statement from Metrolinx stating a preference for grade separation on Eglinton East. Beyond Presto and standardization they seem to take their lead from municipalities on what is to be built. In the news there has been talk about Hamilton LRT becoming Hamilton RT in Metrolinx documents, and surprise surprise Hamilton council seems lukewarm to LRT, and with the TTC saying DRL is urgent all of a sudden Metrolinx has prioritized the DRL. Metrolinx isn't planning anything, in my eyes, other than GO Transit, Presto, and delivery of projects once funding has been committed and the project is started. If a project, outside GO, hasn't gotten funding or started then it really isn't a Metrolinx plan... it is a loose collection of municipal priorities subject to the way the political wind blows.

Who is Metrolinx? If the powers behind Metrolinx wanted grade separation on Eglinton East there would be grade separation on Eglinton East. I sense a general indifference to it from Metrolinx. I have never seen a statement from Metrolinx stating a preference for grade separation on Eglinton East. Beyond Presto and standardization they seem to take their lead from municipalities on what is to be built. In the news there has been talk about Hamilton LRT becoming Hamilton RT in Metrolinx documents, and surprise surprise Hamilton council seems lukewarm to LRT, and with the TTC saying DRL is urgent all of a sudden Metrolinx has prioritized the DRL. Metrolinx isn't planning anything, in my eyes, other than GO Transit, Presto, and delivery of projects once funding has been committed and the project is started. If a project, outside GO, hasn't gotten funding or started then it really isn't a Metrolinx plan... it is a loose collection of municipal priorities subject to the way the political wind blows.

All the transit systems should be given over to metrolinx. They don't have any real power. Remember cities can be made and broken in Ontario at the snap of the premiers fingers.

Back