News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Where do you guys think the TBMs are now? Caledonia? Dufferin?

well.. if you do the math. It's been digging for about 3 months. Giving 20 work days a month that's 60 days. The TBMs can do about 15 meters a day if I remember correctly, that would make 900 meters. Not even to Keele yet.

well.. if you do the math. It's been digging for about 3 months. Giving 20 work days a month that's 60 days. The TBMs can do about 15 meters a day if I remember correctly, that would make 900 meters. Not even to Keele yet.

TBMs dig 24/7. Thus, all going well (and achieving the average of 15m/day or slightly better) the first one would be near Caledonia.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Good thing you brought up evidence. It would take one month before it is under Yarrow at this rate.

A few more decades to go...

I think it is safe to say we will at least have a LRT to Eglinton west... after that, who knows.

I seriously doubt he would cancel it though, transit is a very hot topic currently and cancelling everything wouldn't exactly go over well.

I think it is safe to say we will at least have a LRT to Eglinton west... after that, who knows.
This tunnel contract is most of the way to Yonge.

The same report says the second tunnel contract from Brentcliffe to Yonge is currently being tendered, closing in a couple of weeks, and should be ready to be awarded by the end of the month.

I'm starting to feel comfortable that much of the Eglinton line is election proof.

About 1,400 metres?

According to a recent report, it's gone 80 metres ... so not to Bicknell Drive yet. http://www.metrolinx.com/en/docs/pdf/board_agenda/20130910/20130910_BoardMtg_RTI_Report_EN.pdf

Very west of Caledonia. West of Keele!

wow....FAIL..... seriously 80m in that 3 months after starting..... extended lunch breaks? mandated stoppages??? daily breakdowns...?? nazi style checks after every metre completed???
I know that TBMs arent the fastest but honestly if they have been "boring" for around 60 days this is just ridiculous
Madrid bored 25km in a year...at this rate it unless things pick up we will be luck to see 500m by the end of the year

Good thing you brought up evidence. It would take one month before it is under Yarrow at this rate.

A few more decades to go...

TBMs have a very slow start. Between assembly, training, proving all of the parts work as expected; it takes a while to get up to full speed. It is also built into the schedule.

wow....FAIL..... seriously 80m in that 3 months after starting..... extended lunch breaks? mandated stoppages??? daily breakdowns...?? nazi style checks after every metre completed???
I know that TBMs arent the fastest but honestly if they have been "boring" for around 60 days this is just ridiculous
Madrid bored 25km in a year...at this rate it unless things pick up we will be luck to see 500m by the end of the year

Have you ever tried to drill? The hardest is the start, trying to align the drill properly and straight. Once the initial hole is made, things will go faster.

In this case, they also have to made sure ramps for the trucks are in place and firm, the inventory is in place and scheduled properly, and that the soil conditions are tested to match what they expected.

This tunnel contract is most of the way to Yonge.

The same report says the second tunnel contract from Brentcliffe to Yonge is currently being tendered, closing in a couple of weeks, and should be ready to be awarded by the end of the month.

I'm starting to feel comfortable that much of the Eglinton line is election proof.

This means that the option of a South side alignment will soon be off the table.

Back