News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Wow. Eglinton will only have 5 routes, with 2 of them being duplicate services of the Yonge and Eglinton lines. The days or Eglinton bus madness are over.

4. The 97 Yonge doesn't enter the bus terminal. Technically the 34 Eglinton doesn't have to either.

The 54 bus terminating at Don Mills station is a surprise. I would have thought it would go to Laird where the trains short-turn.

It also means that the people between Leslie and Don Mills on Lawrence who today are used to 5 minute service, will be getting none at all.

Not surprise. It's been planned like that and appeared on the SmartTrack proposed route changes. Science Centre Station is getting a major bus terminal and no bus terminal is getting built at Leslie/Eglinton.

View attachment 67424

We are talking about 30 minute frequencies. If I was a local resident I would not be happy with this change. :p

At least doubling the number of buses to 4 would do wonders for frequency.

The 162 probably won't see any better service. Maybe a new 51 Leslie branch heading east to Don Mills/Lawrence. The 56 Leaside bus is busier than the 51 so there will be branches of the 51. The 54 doesn't pick up a lot of riders on Leslie and very limited before Don Mills.

Still can't get over the stupidity of an Eglinton station on the Eglinton line. Talk about the redundant department of redundancies.

The short-turning of half the trains at Laird - not Don Mills - will soon be regretted. All for a few dozen people that wanted a stop at Leslie Street.

Metrolinx was too busy telling everyone that the surface alignment was unfeasible and had to be tunnelled instead, which they later flipped-floped and said otherwise. They only have themselves to blame for screwing this up.

Changes to TTC Bus Routes in Eglinton Corridor for Line 5 Rapid Transit Line

This report is available at this link.

View attachment 67420

Proposed routes. Meaning, subject to change.

Also, with extensions to Line 5, the routes to both west and east terminating stations would change. Also, any new rapid transit routes would also make changes whenever they show up.

I would have liked if the TTC merged the two halves of the Avenue Rd and Mt Pleasant routes, instead of having two separate bus routes for the same street.

I would have liked if the TTC merged the two halves of the Avenue Rd and Mt Pleasant routes, instead of having two separate bus routes for the same street.
The original EA said that the 5 (future 13) and 61 would be merged but I guess that won't happen after all. The 61 does have a higher demand than the 5.

Let's not forget that this is just a preliminary report re: bus routes. It says itself that it will be finalized starting in 2019. I too think they should merge the Avenue Road and Mount Pleasant routes but I guess they don't want to make the good burgers of North Toronto have to transfer twice to get to the Yonge subway (and ride only one stop on Eglinton line 5).

I wonder if the Eglinton 34 and Yonge 97 (not shown on map below) will go through the bus terminal at Eglinton station and similarly will the Don Mills 25 (not shown on map below) go through the terminal at Science Centre station or just stop on the street outside the pedestrian entrances like the 34 and 51 will at Laird station.

As far as the 162 I imagine it will be tweaked to drop down Don Mills Road from Barber Greene and loop through Science Centre station bus terminal. Also they should tweak the South Leaside 88B and have it come north on Laird from McRae and go east on Eglinton, then south on Brentcliffe to Vanderhoof (reverse in inbound 88A direction) so that it can stop on street both ways at Laird station at the same stops as the Leslie (via Leaside) 51.

upload_2016-2-19_6-44-11.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-2-19_6-44-11.png
    upload_2016-2-19_6-44-11.png
    1 MB · Views: 709
I'm guessing the powers-that-be are undergoing discussions on whether or not MiWay buses would run express to the Mt. Dennis Transit Hub... or not.

I would have expected to see some buses (whatever number and name they'll use) would use Black Creek Drive to get to Mt. Dennis, from Pearson Airport. They should add a HOV lane to Black Creek Drive (and maybe Highway 400 from Steeles Avenue) first though. The traffic congestion on Black Creek Drive can be terrible at some hours.

Would like to see an Albion Road bus run express from Weston Road & 401, down Black Creek Drive to the Mt. Dennis Transit Hub. Again, a HOV lane would be needed, this time on Highway 401 as well.

The short-turning of half the trains at Laird - not Don Mills - will soon be regretted. All for a few dozen people that wanted a stop at Leslie Street.
The short-turning of half the trains at Laird - not Don Mills - will soon be regretted. All for a few dozen people that DECIDED THAT THE SOUTH ALIGNMENT WAS NOT AN OPTION.

Reactions: PL1
I'm guessing the powers-that-be are undergoing discussions on whether or not MiWay buses would run express to the Mt. Dennis Transit Hub... or not.

MiWay buses can go the the Renforth station and then hop on the grade-separated ECLRT line. Why put all those buses onto Eglinton?

Just like Dundas and the B-D line. Why would Mississauga use the station at Islington (or Kipling), when a simple subway extension to 427 would remove a lot of buses from Dundas.

In fact, I may very well faint when the first Eglinton train rolls in.

The really exciting part will be how the opening day itinerary will be: begin with a ride on the K-W LRT, then catch the Kitchener GO, get off at Mount Dennis to Guildwood on ECLRT (east included), and then VIA to Ottawa to ride the Ottawa LRT.

Did I ever expect to see all that in my lifetime?

- Paul

Well Keele looks relatively small with only the Keele bus and Tretheway. Considering the jog at keele at least it should not make it worse

They spent too much time trying to get the tunnel extended that they miss out the opportunity of proposed a south side alignment. Now they got the LRT tracks in the middle of the road affecting the left turn lanes at Leslie/Eglinton. That is a particularly busy intersection. Giving too much time for the left turn signal would affect the LRT operations. Too much transit priority would cause cars to backup a whole kilometre. Since there is hardly any side streets between Brentcliffe and Don Mills, it would be much better to have it on the south side. This is something Metrolinx should been aware of.
There is nothing to stop them from just getting rid of Leslie stop is there? The tunneling will be done underneath. The LRT can just continue onto the next station

I'm sure that these changes are just a start. As everyone adjusts their travel patterns, the TTC will have to address some buses that are rammed full and others that become empty.

Human behaviour is hard to predict after all.

Is there a similar map somewhere showing the bus route changes for the Spadina subway extension? I know there's one for YRT, but what about the TTC?

Back