News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

The current "Toronto Rocket" subway train is painted black with a white trim on a stainless steel body, but only on the front (or back). Not counting the logo.

TTC5441-TR-Glencairn-MrDanMofo.jpg

From

Whatever is done, the Flexities better have useful LCD info screens and improved layouts over the streetcars given that they are coming almost 5 years later. I'm in Montreal and even their new Metro trains which are barely newer than the Rockets are significantly better in terms of design.

Probably nothing will change with the floor layout because of it being a low floor, as for LCD screens who knows guess we will need to know the time and the operator number of the vehicle and whatever other useless information the TTC seems to think people want to see on a screen if they put them in.

Whatever is done, the Flexities better have useful LCD info screens and improved layouts over the streetcars given that they are coming almost 5 years later. I'm in Montreal and even their new Metro trains which are barely newer than the Rockets are significantly better in terms of design.

Better in terms of design, how? Prettier colours?

Certainly not better in terms of utility or functionality as a whole. There are very serious concerns about the delays at station stops versus the older equipment.

Dan

What concerns? I havn’t heard anything about delays at station stops with the Azur trains. I take the metro everyday and havn’t noticed any delays either.

Fewer, larger doorways on the Azurs versus more, smaller doorways on the older equipment. There hasn't been much in terms of delays - yet - but there is a concern that it may happen as ridership increases.

Dan

Please be only the primer paint colour.
There might be an ulterior motive behind leaving them so 'unfinished': Decals. Massive ones, think those ad decals that totally obscure what's underneath, and sometimes the windows too which always pizzes me off as it's eternal greyness inside.

Being the alpha might also mean it's going to be subjected to a lot of 'roughhousing' and eventually finish painted later.

(Batteries not included, some assembly is required)

Back