News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

The roadway hasn't been narrowed yet. Work continues on the south side of Eglinton creating a retaining wall so the hill won't become unstable during the actual digging in the middle of the road.

Interesting thanks. Maybe we'll see the main launch shaft construction begin later this summer, then the first TBM launch in late 2015?

When the road narrows, I'm guessing lots of drivers will be using Overlea or Post Rd through Bridle Path to detour.

Interesting thanks. Maybe we'll see the main launch shaft construction begin later this summer, then the first TBM launch in late 2015?

When the road narrows, I'm guessing lots of drivers will be using Overlea or Post Rd through Bridle Path to detour.

Overlea > Beth Nealson >Wicksteed > Parkhurst > Soudan is my plan.

Soudan has always been better than Eglinton though, so no real detour when I need to head to Yonge and Eg from the East end.

Overlea > Beth Nealson >Wicksteed > Parkhurst > Soudan is my plan.

Soudan has always been better than Eglinton though, so no real detour when I need to head to Yonge and Eg from the East end.

That's a great plan, you're completely avoiding Eglinton!

TBM map updated. Dennis now a few metres shy of Prospect Cemetery; Lea now well clear of the Caledonia station box.

A screen shot.

Screen Shot 2014-05-20 at Tuesday May 20, 2014 8.30.33 AM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-20 at Tuesday May 20, 2014 8.30.33 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-20 at Tuesday May 20, 2014 8.30.33 AM.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 867
Wait a second, I have a question. They're building these tunnels, lining the walls with interlocking concrete slabs. So how are they going to build the stations if the tracks are completely enclosed in concrete? When they dig out the station boxes, are they going to dismantle the tunnel liners from the outside-in?

Wait a second, I have a question. They're building these tunnels, lining the walls with interlocking concrete slabs. So how are they going to build the stations if the tracks are completely enclosed in concrete? When they dig out the station boxes, are they going to dismantle the tunnel liners from the outside-in?

Yes that's the plan. The same technique was used on the Canada Line in Vancouver.

See this video from 2012:

[video=youtube_share;ovMnyoJfj0k]http://youtu.be/ovMnyoJfj0k[/video]

I noticed that headwall construction has started on the stations between Allen Rd & Yonge.

The north end of Eglinton just east of Yonge was just closed this afternoon. The road is 2 lanes, one in each direction & the north sidewalk is closed.

Back