News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

By the way, I emailed them explaining how to fix the zoom level on the TBM tracker embedded Google Maps iframe, and they fixed it:
http://thecrosstown.ca/progress/track-the-tunnel-machine

(earlier it was always zoomed in really far into the launch shaft)

Yes I'm taking credit :p

Reminds me of this :)
youmadethisImadethis.jpg

(not saying you're stealing credit btw)

Attachments

• youmadethisImadethis.jpg
    youmadethisImadethis.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 769
One of the videos that they have posted on the site says that the TBD on average moves about 10m a day. Based on where the October 1st update was the TBM should be at Marlee right now...

I'm speculating that the contractor had unused float in the schedule (a good thing - meaning they finished the segment well before the drop dead date) and they aren't advancing so they don't have the TBM coming out into daylight before they are ready for it. Or maybe they have a photo op date in mind for the breakthrough (after the election?) and aren't playing any cards. The second TBM appears to have stopped moving also. Wonder if it will be a single or double breakthrough.

- Paul

My recollection of the first tunnel drives on the TYSSE is that they waited to break through the station box wall for at least a week, if not a few, for a photo op of the TBM punching through that concrete.

I'm speculating that the contractor had unused float in the schedule (a good thing - meaning they finished the segment well before the drop dead date) and they aren't advancing so they don't have the TBM coming out into daylight before they are ready for it. Or maybe they have a photo op date in mind for the breakthrough (after the election?) and aren't playing any cards. The second TBM appears to have stopped moving also. Wonder if it will be a single or double breakthrough.

- Paul

I guess delaying a project for TBM breakthrough after the election is a good way to show that there is no politics in Toronto transit.

Last i passed by the site, excavation for the extraction shaft west of the allen was not yet complete. until that's done nothing else can move. if it is the case that the TBMs have moved ahead of schedule and thus got their before the scheduled shaft completions then I suspect we wont see much movement at all until we get some solid shaft completion.

If it is the case that the Shaft construction is delayed for reasons beyond logic and thus holding up the TBMs then i think someone working on project schedule management needs their head checked. im emailing metrolinx about this and will post their response.

How do you all know that the TBMs have stopped? It's not the site has a live GPS location of it lol. The person could simply not be updating the thing, as it hasn't been since Oct 1. Previous to that, it was several weeks to a month between updates as well.

Anyways, Metrolinx said at their board meeting it's likely finishing around the end of year.

Back