News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Crosslinx asked that too. Metrolinx's response to their desire to open the line in early 2022 without Eglinton/Yonge station (through-running only, no stopping) has sent them to observing the letter of the contract.

It annoys me that the stairs to Eglinton from ET Seaton Park are blocked off due to this crap.
And that the hill is (AFAIK from my last visit) still bare with dirt and silt, and remains somewhat prone to erosion. Although perhaps they addressed that. I'll check up on this later this month.

Metrolinx has started to do video tours of the stations and stops.
"As the only station at a T intersection" I noticed that they put bollards in front of the station for the inevitable Toronto Driver™️ smashing into the building. 🤣
1696445348391.png

I feel like I should walk by and kick it. I'm not optimistic that they did properly installed (i.e. deep in the ground) posts able to handle automotive impact. I'm pretty sure I saw some of the road signs screwed into the sidewalk concrete which is hokey.

I think he meant to say that Eglinton East is by TTC, not west and that is still about 10 years out.
I think you mean Kennedy station, not Eglinton East station. No that was always part of Crosslinx - likely because of the simple delineation between the two projects at Kennedy (BTW, I was at Kennedy this evening, at the east end of the station ... coming from the GO train. The connections from Line 2 to Line 5 there look like there'll be really quite good, for two parallel(lish) lines. I thought it was Eglinton and Eglinton West (aka Cedarvale) stations that were going to be contracted by TTC.

Thats news to me about the yonge/eglinton west. Chance you can source that? that doesnt really make sense
I believe there was extensive discussion about it a thousand or so pages up the thread. The only question in my mind, is did that change take place before or after the Crosslinx contract was tendered.

It annoys me that the stairs to Eglinton from ET Seaton Park are blocked off due to this crap.
From the south side of the Leslie/Eglinton intersection? What's the issue there? That section all looks finished.

Last edited:
I think you mean Kennedy station, not Eglinton East station. No that was always part of Crosslinx - likely because of the simple delineation between the two projects at Kennedy (BTW, I was at Kennedy this evening, at the east end of the station ... coming from the GO train. The connections from Line 2 to Line 5 there look like there'll be really quite good, for two parallel(lish) lines. I thought it was Eglinton and Eglinton West (aka Cedarvale) stations that were going to be contracted by TTC.

I believe there was extensive discussion about it a thousand or so pages up the thread. The only question in my mind, is did that change take place before or after the Crosslinx contract was tendered.

From the south side of the Leslie/Eglinton intersection? What's the issue there? That section all looks finished.
Was talking about Eglinton East extension that will be by TTC

As far as I know, other than TTC Yonge Eglinton Station except for elevators, all stations changes where by ML

Was planning on having a look at Kennedy when I was to do the SRT open house, but never made it and on my do list.

Was planning on having a look at Kennedy when I was to do the SRT open house, but never made it and on my do list.
there is vey little to see at Kendy also the only way I can see i into the line 5 station seems to be through an unpaid fare zone unless the two structures on the subway platform with locked doors on them have stairs leading to a tunnel under the subway I have no idea how people will get to the line 5 station.

That's not how "leaks" work.

The unofficial report, if believed by readers, has removed any expectation of an opening in spring or summer. Or even fall.

Verster can now stick to silence. The "leak" has bought him a year.

- Paul
🤔🤔🤔
Wonder if it opens December 17 to match the TYSSE🤔.
December 17, 2024 sounds right
December 2024 isn't a firm date. It could open earlier or later based on how testing goes. Contactless Debit/Credit on the TTC was launched about a week early. While Presto in Google Wallet is late (despite it being essentially ready for launch for almost 2 months now). To paraphrase the CEO, it's too early in the testing process to give an exact timeline, you don't want people planning around a December 2024 opening only to be disappointed. If testing goes well the line can open early or vice versa.

If you extrapolate the project dashboard in the presentation he gave, there are around 6 months of padding with the December 2024 date.

When you're working on these projects, you want everything to be perfect for the public (so you don't have to hear complaints from family members at Thanksgiving Dinner). But sometimes perfect becomes the enemy of good.

there is vey little to see at Kendy also the only way I can see i into the line 5 station seems to be through an unpaid fare zone unless the two structures on the subway platform with locked doors on them have stairs leading to a tunnel under the subway I have no idea how people will get to the line 5 station.
Its not only the Crosstown which is mainly done, but the GO platform I wanted to shoot.

The last time I shot the station elevators for the GO platform, the doors open for me to have a clear shot interior. Can't see anything at the west end on the concourse level as it still block off.

There will be a pay fare area for the station once you get down to the platform area or on the concourse.

if most of the stations look like oakwood that seriously puts a huge red flag to this secret dec 24 timeline. the station is practically finished! any of these last minute things are probably so minor that the general public
wont even notice nor would they be affected. if we are wasting that many months to strive for that last 0.05% to perfection as Verster claims we are not getting anything done as a city.

case in point... i was involved with a m/e meeting with ML today on a project, they convened a 25 person committee zoom call to settle what in the private sector would be a 15min phone call..... AND they werent prepared for the meeting.

Back