News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

CTV site claims it is expected for 9am streamed on cp24....but we are well past that...

But they are on site:

Screenshots:
Screenshot_20231208_095512.jpg

Screenshot_20231208_095754.jpg
Screenshot_20231208_095733.jpg

Last edited:
Are the defects something they can't repair or get around, or are they having trouble rectifying the defects

Phil just went live.

No date just a media show.

One reporter indicated some engineers said they need warmer temps for some work which Phil refused to address. Then, admitted in a later comment some of the defects (I believe around signaling) are weather dependant.

Edit: now that it's wrapped, Phil is claiming the main reason this project is so behind is the procurement process combining civil and service. Indicated that the way Ontario line being done (seperate) is the big lesson learned.

Unsure if this is simply a comment for maintaining trust (if any left) for the organization (metrolinx).

Last edited:
For those who have been following Crosstown closely, are there any new hints or tea leaves from today on the opening date?

no one can say until they identify and address all the defects.
It depends on the defects themselves to the point some defects could be work on once substantial completion can be had along with the 3 months of full testing of service on the line to finally seeing that missing opening date. Only have to look at residential towers where people have moved in with work still taking place on the building.

Have done outstanding work on projects that have been turn over to the owner due to other trades holding me up from completing my work.

It would be nice to see everything 100% completed when the opening date is announce.

I feel the problem of being vague at this point is that it is causing a loss of trust on the project. For instance, if the reason you need to wait for warmer weather is landscaping, vs other reasons, then say it. The fact we are this close with no date is now making it sound like the REM and how they wanted 30 days of continuous running without faults before opening.

It depends on the defects themselves to the point some defects could be work on once substantial completion can be had along with the 3 months of full testing of service on the line to finally seeing that missing opening date. Only have to look at residential towers where people have moved in with work still taking place on the building.

Have done outstanding work on projects that have been turn over to the owner due to other trades holding me up from completing my work.

It would be nice to see everything 100% completed when the opening date is announce.
People have moved into houses without the grass nor driveway paved. Paving of driveways is best left to a year or so after to let the ground settle, and people are already living in them.

I am scratching my head about what kind of work ought to wait until spring. Construction seems to mostly continue with winter temperatures, certainly concrete can continue to be poured with the right measures and protection. But frozen ground does change some things.

- Paul

2026 at this point. We're still 2 years out.

Might be faster to pull up the tracks and just pave it. Run one lane of vehicle traffic each way like on Bloor Street. Or make them extra wide bike lanes with no cars.

Back