@sparky:

Yeah there is definitely a red window. I noticed it in person too.

I think it's just wrapping that wasn't peeled off the window.

@gristle:

I wasn't put under; just localized freezing. So I knew what the dentist was doing the whole time. I'm okay lol!

That could be a failed unit. When the seal in a double pane window fails the window will often take on a kind of purply hue (depending on the tint of the glass and light conditions, of course)

4001629157_926219e0a4_b.jpg

4001600607_54b350a828_b.jpg

4001597315_e2ce3c35bd_b.jpg

4001593413_f95bb44393_b.jpg

Roughly 10 more floors to go. I have the feeling it will look very thin and fragile from the front. Could turn out nicer than we thought.

Roughly 10 more floors to go. I have the feeling it will look very thin and fragile from the front. Could turn out nicer than we thought.

Yes indeed... Razor thin!...

It's gonna look even taller because it's so thin and a little fragile (or alot)..

But i'm not so sure about the cream-coloured blu glass... It looks really faded, white, pale, and grey...

But only time will tell...

I just came home from picking up some groceries from Metro at Yonge & College (no camera today) and I noticed that Blu is making quite an impression from there. Once Blu tops out and Uptown creeps further up over the next few months it's going to be a fresh change to the tired skyline in this area from many vantage points.

I just came home from picking up some groceries from Metro at Yonge & College (no camera today) and I noticed that Blu is making quite an impression from there. Once Blu tops out and Uptown creeps further up over the next few months it's going to be a fresh change to the tired skyline in this area from many vantage points.

WOW!

I noticed the EXACT same thing a few weeks ago from that same intersection!

Yes indeed... Razor thin!...

It's gonna look even taller because it's so thin and a little fragile (or alot)..

But i'm not so sure about the cream-coloured blu glass... It looks really faded, white, pale, and grey...

But only time will tell...

Ugh, I know I'm going to get in trouble for saying this but I can't resist: Why is the glass on this not a sharp, deep blue..i.e. ocean blue or something...why is it grey-ish blue.....first we have a whole bunch of brutalist grey-ish looking buildings (i know why so no explanation needed, i'm just merely pointing it out), and now we have grey colored glass buildings everywhere (excluding podiums), including this one, one bedford, parade and even the bell lightbox (the condo component)...i'm referring to the glass/spandrel thing...i wish the residentials weren't almost all either green or grey! (i know there are exceptions but still it's not enough)

OK, now bring on the "you don't know your stuff replies" (ahem...adma....)

Ugh, I know I'm going to get in trouble for saying this but I can't resist: Why is the glass on this not a sharp, deep blue..i.e. ocean blue or something...why is it grey-ish blue.....first we have a whole bunch of brutalist grey-ish looking buildings (i know why so no explanation needed, i'm just merely pointing it out), and now we have grey colored glass buildings everywhere (excluding podiums), including this one, one bedford, parade and even the bell lightbox (the condo component)...i'm referring to the glass/spandrel thing...i wish the residentials weren't almost all either green or grey! (i know there are exceptions but still it's not enough)

OK, now bring on the "you don't know your stuff replies" (ahem...adma....)

something like this ...
The Entrance Canopy
IMG_1662.jpg

City_Lover, the renders show a much deeper, nicer blue, so I don't know why they changed it, or rendered it completely incorrectly. We all know you can't make judgements based on renderings, but this was just plain false advertising. The building should have been similar to the colours of the "crystals" embedded in the precast, and you can clearly see that is not the case.

City_Lover, the renders show a much deeper, nicer blue, so I don't know why they changed it, or rendered it completely incorrectly. We all know you can't make judgements based on renderings, but this was just plain false advertising. The building should have been similar to the colours of the "crystals" embedded in the precast, and you can clearly see that is not the case.

From the website:

"...Soaring 35 floors above the most exciting city in Canada, Blu is destined to become one of Toronto's finest addresses. Rising from a six-storey podium, the contemporary-classic design is resplendent with sky blue glazing and will add an extraordinary dimension to the city's skyline..."

Of course this promotional nonsense is as accurate as it's own, and many other building's renderings.

From the website:

"...Soaring 35 floors above the most exciting city in Canada, Blu is destined to become one of Toronto's finest addresses. Rising from a six-storey podium, the contemporary-classic design is resplendent with sky blue glazing and will add an extraordinary dimension to the city's skyline..."

Of course this promotional nonsense is as accurate as it's own, and many other building's renderings.

But why do they have to be so blatantly misleading? I could see something like this happening once in a while, a change of plans but this happens with almost every condo. Is it too much to ask for a bit of honesty. It's pretty sad when you have to assume that everything you hear is just lies. Why can't a damned developer build what was promised?

We are just getting so over loaded with grey buildings and it's depressing. I need some colour. In 30 years people will look back and ask why Toronto was so obsessed with the colour grey. (what the hell were they thinking? Winter is grey enough!)

Back