Wow. What kind of damage was done to the exterior? I'm not at home to see for myself today...
Nothing too visible from my unit but I'm sure the intensity of the heat would cause some structural concerns? I just couldn't believe how high the flames got and how the fire fighters were right in there battling the flames. You could see their flashlights once the flames were doused.

And as for the Crystal Blaze, I'm surprised not to have read anything about it in the media. It looks like it occurred on or around the 13th floor, south east corner. It looks like Crystal Blu's only construction elevator is toast... for now. Some damage to the exterior as well.

DSCN5728.jpg

DSCN5722.jpg

DSCN5726.jpg

Last edited:
Nice batch of updates... The damage seems pretty noticeable but the building itself looks pretty awesome without a crane!
Its cool to see Uptowns crane help remove Crystal Blus!

I wonder if the person who owned that unit was informed... it must be spooky knowing that a fire took place in your unit when the building was still under construction!

Last edited:
OoH!
A corner unit, huh?
Do you think there will be a special fire sale on this one?

..Sorry

NB: the followup hit to Tommy James' "Crystal Blue Persuasion" was "Ball Of Fire".

The exterior construction elevator is working again today but the fire damaged exterior is still a mess as seen in the photos above.

^You should submit your photos to daily commercial news. Interesting that it wasn't reported on the news--which proves just how selective the media spin is.

There are tons of 911 calls for various emergencies every single day - why on earth would a small fire in an unoccupied building with no injuries warrent any type of media coverage?

It wasn't that small a fire--the media reports on small garbage fires! I think it's because the condo industry has become a powerful advertiser in the local press. I'm just wondering what caused the fire--was it a homeless bum, an "inside job" or a random act of "god?"

I, for one, am shocked and outraged that a fire could start on an active construction site.

Back