Some minor updates. The total unit count changed from 925 & 725 units to 1090 & 725 units and the total parking space count reduced from 247 parking to 0 parking.

I'm not sure I considered the bolded 'minor'; but I do consider it to be a very good thing!

I'm not sure I considered the bolded 'minor'; but I do consider it to be a very good thing!
I am in favour of zero parking with some share parking even with it being the Mink Mile area. You are at the crossroad of the 2 major subways lines and will not have to go outside to use them.

Cities were built for people, not the car. It also reduce the construction time as well cost by not building parking levels.

Going with larger units and less numbers, means you will be paying a higher cost for a unit now.

Because the subway is immediately below this, the parking was all to be built above ground in an automated stacker in the shared podium between the two western towers. Now that the parking is gone, the podium has been completely redesigned. There's very little retail in it, as servicing takes up most of the space on the ground floor. Level two is mostly bicycle storage. Levels three through five will be office space. Level six will be amenities, as will half of seven. The new residential units take up the rest of seven, and all of 8 through 12, which are new floors for the taller podium.

The elevator situation is going to suck immeasurably for those living in the taller of the two western towers. Those living in the shorter tower will be able to get on one of their four elevators right at ground level, but because ground floor servicing will be below the taller tower, those people will have two shuttles to take them up to level 6 (sky lobby/amenities) and then they'll have to head down the hall to the east end of the podium and then take one of their four elevators up their tower. Anyone living on the podium floors can take elevators at either end, but if you're heading for the street, why would you get on the east/taller tower ones, because then you'd just have to transfer on 6 too.

Because of the partial sharesies situation it's a pain to work out the exact math, but like @ProjectEnd says above, 1090 units with 8(ish) elevators (omitting the shuttle transfer fun), so about 136 units per elevator. No the worst planned in the city, but…

Akk.

And y'all complain about the Kennedy Station transfer!
And the Kipling station transfer!

I am hoping that the plans they will be submitting at the SPA stage will rework the ground level so that enough of the servicing can be moved to where the car elevators were planned for, so that they get enough space to take the taller tower elevators all the way to ground level. Doing that would make life much easier for anyone living in this building… otherwise the place would become known over time for how horrible it is to live there.

Here's the current ground floor layout:
CumbTceWTwrsGrdFlr.jpg

Here's the current 6th floor (transfer level) layout:
CumbTceWTwrs6thFlr.jpg

You can see that the taller tower elevators are positioned in the second most easterly section between supporting columns, and if you look to the other image above, you'll see that area is currently servicing, but that servicing will have extra space in can move into to the west once the car elevators are removed from the plan.

You gotta love the idea of 50 and 65 storey garbage chutes landing directly at the concerge desk / flashy amenity space. Glass bottles will hit terminal velocity and just explode when they hit the floor. These shitty GPA plans would need to be so thoroughly rethought by any purchaser it would almost be better if they hadn't even bothered.

The above, when combined the the appalling lower / subway level, this is a thoroughly terrible proposal.

1665071615646.png

You gotta love the idea of 50 and 65 storey garbage chutes landing directly at the concerge desk / flashy amenity space. Glass bottles will hit terminal velocity and just explode when they hit the floor. These shitty GPA plans would need to be so thoroughly rethought by any purchaser it would almost be better if they hadn't even bothered.

The above, when combined the the appalling lower / subway level, this is a thoroughly terrible proposal.

View attachment 431093
True, that lower level is atrocious too, but I was trying to stay focused on the elevator situation. With the car elevator pit gone, I assume it will be substantially improved too.

Don't know about the garbage chute issue, I dunno, they should just fill the bottom of it up with Nerf toys and give everything a sift landing, no one loses an eye. (They're in their own rooms, what's the real issue?)

Garbage rooms are extremely, extremely loud. Smells also permeate in persistent ways. There's a reason garbage rooms are almost always on P1 or somewhere deeply in the BoH.

View attachment 431093

Sometimes, when @ProjectEnd sees a nail, he becomes a hammer; sometimes, when he sees a balloon, he becomes a pin; then other times, he sees something so unfathomably awful...........he becomes a............

1665074083599.png

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Star#/media/File:Death_star1.png

Just to be safe, vaporize it from orbit!

Those garbage shuts will be missile siloes going in the opposite direction with great noise throughout the buildings, especially for residence on the lower levels at all hours of the day.

Real dumb on the number of elevators as well switching at various floors. Why not have a bank of elevators in the centre for the podium section only, with elevators bypassing those floors faster for the rest of the towers??

Never like the lower level or the ground level that used to be there over the decades and see no improvement with this plan. Why try putting in retail for the sake of having it when it could be better use for something else that would be better.??

The total unit in Tower A & B changed from 1090 units and. reduced to 925 units. No new renderings are updated in the database.

The total unit in Tower A & B changed from 1090 units and. reduced to 925 units. No new renderings are updated in the database.
Might need to change your wording, Art: it was 925 + 725, then increased to 1090 + 725...it wouldn't make sense that the total unit count is now 1090 here (a lost of 725 units).

Might need to change your wording, Art: it was 925 + 725, then increased to 1090 + 725...it wouldn't make sense that the total unit count is now 1090 here (a lost of 725 units).

Lets see what the Plan says:

1669924859959.png

1669924975453.png

Is the discrepancy here about TOWER C? Which is not part of the above submission?

Edit to add: Yes, that's the 725 units that went missing, they are Tower C!

Last edited:

Back