I know, I like glass box buildings....they're just bland, IMO....except for Spire, 550 Wellington, etc.

Well you better start liking it because that's all we'll be seeing for the next few decades. It's extremely cheap (as opposed to steel/stone/anything half decent in quality and/or looks) and that's exactly what developers want... to save money!

Glass .. check
Boxy ... check

Yep, glass box

Anyways, These are an architectural bore. More cheap window-wall with big grey spandrel pieces. Overall, good infill and a possitve additon to the community.

Keep in mind developers are in a business. They have to penny pinch as their customers are no different.

Well you better start liking it because that's all we'll be seeing for the next few decades. It's extremely cheap (as opposed to steel/stone/anything half decent in quality and/or looks) and that's exactly what developers want... to save money!

I know...there's less insulation (higher hydro costs)....and a few of the glass buildings generally don't feel as solid. Wish more builders would take pride in their work.

They put a sandwich-board ad for the sales centre near my place at the corner of King and Dufferin. And I have to say, it looks pretty funny sitting here on the wrong side of the tracks.

I know...there's less insulation (higher hydro costs)....and a few of the glass buildings generally don't feel as solid. Wish more builders would take pride in their work.

That's not to mention the air conditioning costs in the summer, those must be huge as well too.

I like it. It fits the area and across the street and is much nicer than an abandoned Dodge dealership. I really hope the rumoured Sobey's opens where the sales centre for Connect, Fuzion, and The Bridge is.

Would the city sell the building they have at King and Joe Shuster? It's a funny sized location, isn't it? Narrow - maybe some 5 storey buildings?

DNA3 inside:

The lobby, accessible from both King Street on the south and Shank Street on the north, is designed by Cecconi Simone.

DNA3-Lobby750.jpg

Many of DNA3's amenities take up a great deal of the ground floor:

DNA3FitnessFloor.jpg

Featured between the men's and women's change rooms is the Rain Room, one of many Fitness Amenities:

DNA3RainRoom.jpg

The second floor has many more amenities.

DNA3TerraceFloor.jpg

The outdoor terrace on the second floor lies between Towers A and B. It includes a misting station:

DNA3-Terrace750.jpg

DNA3's sales office includes this one bedroom model suite, at just over 600 square feet. It too is designed by Cecconi Simone:

DNA3P1180224.jpg

DNA3P1180225.jpg

DNA3P1180230.jpg

DNA3P1180234.jpg

DNA3P1180239.jpg

DNA3P1180228.jpg

DNA3P1180243.jpg

Yeah..by the BMO bank, makes me think how long before development reaches that intersection.

Seriously, that area needs it badly, west of Dufferin. That whole grimy, sketchy retail strip on the north side needs to be dynamited, not to mention the awful, suburban drive-thru McDonald's on the south side.

DNA3 inside:

Featured between the men's and women's change rooms is the Rain Room, one of many Fitness Amenities:

DNA3RainRoom.jpg

So this is a unisex shower of some sorts? Very sexy, I like that!
I like to see a hot tub, steam room or saunas there instead (it would be more practical and doesn't use so much water) -- don't most people go back to their own places to shower?

Back