I agree. I wonder if they would profit more from the advertising if it were a better sign though. At the end of the day Times Square has more dynamic signs because there is so much competition and brands need to have more interesting advertising in order to be noticed. Not sure if Y and D is there yet... Maybe we should all tweet them in to making the change. Probably useless, but you never know...public embarrassment for a company can cause change from time to time...

To be honest, I don't even know what ads are up at YD Square anymore. I barely even glance at them these days. Perhaps they are at the point where it's time to be a bit more dynamic?

Heading to NYC next month. Especially look forward to seeing the new Google billboard!

http://www.androidcentral.com/google-giant-billboard-times-square

Largest digital screen in North America and I think it's the largest 4k display in the world.

Kotsy - That billboard is humongous. And actually, one can access the 9th floor of that hotel upon which the billboard is affixed (the elevators alone are worth the visit, very futuristic considering the hotel was built in 1985!), and look into Times Square from the glassed-in promenade. Pretty spectacular. Enjoy your visit! :)

Kotsy - That billboard is humongous. And actually, one can access the 9th floor of that hotel upon which the billboard is affixed (the elevators alone are worth the visit, very futuristic considering the hotel was built in 1985!), and look into Times Square from the glassed-in promenade. Pretty spectacular. Enjoy your visit! :)

Thanks for the tip! :)

Thanks for the tip! :)

You're welcome! Perhaps you might be inspired to take some TS pictures and emblaze your signature on them too; I've enjoyed the pictures you post on this site. :) They keep me updated with what's going on up there in Toronto.

Some of those Times Square signs and screens would be too bright for the YD Square NIMBY's

You're welcome! Perhaps you might be inspired to take some TS pictures and emblaze your signature on them too; I've enjoyed the pictures you post on this site. :) They keep me updated with what's going on up there in Toronto.

You can be assured I'll be taking some TS pix. I've already shot it before but it never gets old to me. I'll be going with a fisheye and an ultra wide angle this time!

Workers seem to be taking down the scaffolding now

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,541
The door to the rumoured Apple Store space happened to be opened when I walked by. Tried to snap a picture, but the construction workers caught me and closed the door.

Looks like a really big space when you actually look inside. Right now, completely unfinished concrete.

As someone close to this project, I can confirm that this will not be an Apple Store.

As someone close to this project, I can confirm that this will not be an Apple Store.
Knowing as we do Apple's penchant for disinformation about new locations, I think we can take this as proof positive that this will be the planned Apple store with glass spiral staircase and glittering gold pineapple.

Back