News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Lush is having their final weekend in their current space, and will then be closed from July 27-30. They will be re-opening in their new space on Friday, July 31st, making it the one of the first stores to open in the new Level 2 expansion, along with Saje Natural Wellness which is also opening on the same day. DAVIDsTEA should be opening soon after that.

In addition to the new store openings mentioned a few pages back, the following shops are relocating to the Level 2 Expansion area, which means that their current spaces in the Eaton Centre will likely become vacant for other retailers:
Lush
Ecco
Virgin Mobile
LensCrafters
Telus Mobility
Mendocino
Lacoste (not fully confirmed)

Shoo by Steve Madden is also opening in Level 2. The hoarding seems to imply that this is a new concept different to their regular store, so I'm assuming their Level 1 shop will remain open.

Zara may actually be expanding to 2 storeys - their current Level 3 space, plus the Level 4 space above (previously LensCrafters / Mr. Greenjeans).

Last edited:
I liked where Lush was located as it kept the smells in one area. Now it will be able to float around a huge area haha. I love Lush, but all the smells combined are not so great. The store is too crammed though, so they definitely need a bigger space.

It would be good for Zara to expand to two floors, but I'd be surprised if they took all of LensCrafters and Mr. Greenjeans space… as I won't be surprised if one of the Nordstrom restaurants will be in the Mr. Greenjeans space.

Lush, Saje Natural Wellness, DAVIDsTEA and Tumi are all now open. Lacoste now has hoarding up outside of their new location which will be beside L'Occitane.

H&M's new expansion on Level 2 is opening tomorrow morning (August 12th).

WP_20150811_10_33_58_Pro.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20150811_10_33_58_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150811_10_33_58_Pro.jpg
    369.7 KB · Views: 1,507
Last edited:
L'Occitane en Provence, Lacoste, Oak + Fort, Gerry Weber, SHOO by Steve Madden, La Vie En Rose and Ever New Melbourne are all now open on Level 2.

Ever New is actually FOREVER NEW in Australia, New Zealand and other locations around the world. I assume they had to rebrand due to the name being too similar to Forever 21.

Last edited:
In the Nordstrom-Eaton Centre thread in P&C I've added three posts showing what the hallways look like now, with the stores, open or not yet open, shown in order. The posts start here.

One more pic from yesterday evening, looking at United Visual Artist's Slipstream, which was unveiled at Nuit Blanche in 2011, and never really worked. It's now down to about a fifth of its original length, and much brighter. Maybe it simply never had an ample power supply at its original length. What is up there now does have bits that just show white and don't cycle through the rainbow like the rest of it does.

00DSC05452.jpg

In its reduced length, and with its too-simple cycling of colours, it's pretty meh. It's really meh actually, really, really meh.

Attachments

• 00DSC05452.jpg
    00DSC05452.jpg
    544.2 KB · Views: 1,107
In the Nordstrom-Eaton Centre thread in P&C I've added three posts showing what the hallways look like now, with the stores, open or not yet open, shown in order. The posts start here.

One more pic from yesterday evening, looking at United Visual Artist's Slipstream, which was unveiled at Nuit Blanche in 2011, and never really worked. It's now down to about a fifth of its original length, and much brighter. Maybe it simply never had an ample power supply at its original length. What is up there now does have bits that just show white and don't cycle through the rainbow like the rest of it does.

In its reduced length, and with its too-simple cycling of colours, it's pretty meh. It's really meh actually, really, really meh.

It's pretty pathetic CF couldn't even get this fixed after 4 years. Who do they think they are? Trump/Talon?

AoD

If that's the extent of the new hall, then it's certainly a different plan from what we have been expecting.

We have understood for a long time that Nordstrom will have a partial footprint on the ground and second floors, and then do full floors on 3, 4, and 5, (and that would still fit with these plans), but it was thought that a new hall would go the whole distance between the Dundas Atrium and the Galleria on the ground level, and that there would be a number of two level shops along the Yonge Street side. Other than at the Dundas Atrium, maybe that expectation has been totally wrong.

As far as we know, one of the two two-storey shops will be Uniqlo. Are there any other confirmed two-storey shops coming in, or are all the others speculation (like the Apple move)?

If the mall corridor were to traverse the entire Eaton's footprint to the Galleria, then the escalator core would have had to have been shifted.
For Vancouver, the only access from the extended mall (formerly Eaton's/Sears basement mall level) to Nordstrom is by elevator. Nordstrom presumably did not want escalators directly from the mall corridor up to its store (for security reasons?)

The corridor could have simply gone in east of the escalator core.

Could this be the new Apple Store with a prime Yonge-Dundas Square facing?

dsc_0154-2-jpg.51242

Photo: kotsy

That corner very much looks like it could be made into an architecturally interesting store front. A 2 story glass and steel facade with a glowing Apple logo as part of the the YDS panorama. I can totally see it.

From the inside, it would have atrium access with a second floor above, only accessible from within the store. I know I'll be paying a lot of attention to what's going on behind that scaffolding.

The fact that we know the other 2 major tenants (Nordstrom and Uniqlo) but not the third at this late stage of the game suggests that the tenant is highly secretive. I can't think of any other major retailer in the world that would go to such an extent to hide that they're building a new store in such a prominent location.

In the mall, can we think of any other tenant who is not already renovating that could take this space? The Apple Store is not renovating and in fact parts of their store could really use some replacements — but look to purposely be holding off. Apple is not stingy with spending money on their stores so why leave their busiest store to get so old and in need of repairs?

Finally, it's no secret that the Apple Store is hugely over capacity and overdue for an expansion in the Eaton Centre. No other single retailer has needed a move to a bigger space than the Apple Store.

If this isn't a flagship Apple Store, I'll eat my iPod socks.

ipodsock.jpg

That it might be H+M, Uniqlo, and Apple at the north end has occurred to me too. Certainly having the Apple logo added to Dundas Square would add to the whole experience!

Back