News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Is there potential for street presence or access for some of these retailers?

I doubt it. This is the -2 level we're talking about here.

Actually Level 2 is -1, but it's still below ground, so I agree, no street presence for these ones (other than H&M).

If the length of the hoarding on the Level 2 hall that's been plastered with H&M imagery will actually have H&M behind all of it, that's quite the expansion.

Actually Level 2 is -1, but it's still below ground, so I agree, no street presence for these ones (other than H&M).

If the length of the hoarding on the Level 2 hall that's been plastered with H&M imagery will actually have H&M behind all of it, that's quite the expansion.

I wouldn't doubt it. They really do need the space.

Just checked out the 2nd Level last night. I didn't think continuing the mall upwards would be a good idea on this level, but it flows pretty much like the 1st Level. Should be exciting!

hoarding through the old Sears to the mall lists these stores:

H&M
Tumi
Ever New
Saje
Oak & Fort
Rudsack
Thomas Sabo
L'Occitane
Champs Sports
Pandora

May be worth noting that the space that these ten retailers have been announced for on Level 2 is taken up by 20 retailers on Level 1, so either the stores on average will be twice the size, or there are more to be announced for Level 2.

May be worth noting that the space that these ten retailers have been announced for on Level 2 is taken up by 20 retailers on Level 1, so either the stores on average will be twice the size, or there are more to be announced for Level 2.

Gerry Weber, ecco and Virgin Mobile have been added as retailers listed on the hoarding for Level 2.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5G 1Z3

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 15 130050 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Mar 20, 2015

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Interior Alterations

Description: Interior alterations to existing retail space on the 3rd floor of Toronto Eaton Centre. Unit C009A. Tenant - "Reiss".

Nespresso is about to open a pop-up boutique on level 1 of the Eaton Centre, not sure where exactly. It will remain open until the fall. Probably while renovations are happening in the lower level of Hudson's Bay.

It's open. I just walked past. It's right by the escalator to the urban eatery area. There are line ups :)

Ah, that was where a Bell kiosk was, and previously was Microsoft before they opened a store.

Ah, that was where a Bell kiosk was, and previously was Microsoft before they opened a store.

With the opening of the Nespresso pop-up shop, the Bell Store has finished their renovations and re-opened their storefront on Level 2. They're tried to make the entrance more homey and "living room" like.
It's still split in that odd two-storey design, where you enter the store and have to go downstairs if you are looking for anything else from Bell other than a cell phone.

From Newswire…

The TORONTO 2015 Pan Am/Parapan Am Games Organizing Committee (TO2015), along with guests from Cadillac Fairview, the Official Property Management Supplier of the Games, will open the doors to the TORONTO 2015 official store at Toronto Eaton Centre on Friday, April 10, at 11:30 a.m.

TO2015 and Cathal O'Connor, executive vice-president and chief financial officer, and Sheila Jennings, general manager Toronto Eaton Centre, will kick off the grand opening of the 2,900-square-foot retail space.

The TORONTO 2015 official store at Toronto Eaton Centre will feature some of the most in-demand Games merchandise items, including plush versions of PACHI the porcupine, the official mascot of the Games, pins and a wide range of clothing and accessories.

The TORONTO 2015 official store is located on level three on Trinity Way at the north end of the Toronto Eaton Centre.

Where:
Toronto Eaton Centre — level three on Trinity Way

220 Yonge Street

Toronto

When:
Friday, April 10

11:15 a.m. (arrival time)

11:30 a.m. (event start time)

The store's trilingual: English, French and Spanish. Where's Portuguese?! I guess the thinking is the second largest country in the Americas and its contingent of athletes aren't worth the effort.

The store's trilingual: English, French and Spanish. Where's Portuguese?! I guess the thinking is the second largest country in the Americas and its contingent of athletes aren't worth the effort.

Meh... Us Portuguese are capable of understanding Spanish anyway :p

Meh... Us Portuguese are capable of understanding Spanish anyway :p
Spanish and Portuguese are both Romance languages (and so is French).

The Pan Am Store staff speaks one Germanic (English) and two Romance languages (French and Spanish) (and if enough Brazilians visit, then they would probably hire someone who can speak the third Romance language).

Last edited:

The official language of the games is English and Spanish - French is added because it is an official language of the host country. Just a protocol thing as opposed to a marketing one.

AoD

A few more retailers have been added to the list of stores on the hoarding for the Level 2 North Expansion: UNOde50 Jewelry and David's Tea.

Back