I think this looks great so far - my hope is that they'll let the panels naturally weather because I like concrete patina, but realistically the condo corp can just budget for a paint job every few years if they want to keep it gleaming white.

20220419_090655.jpg
20220419_090700.jpg

Probably another 6 -8 months before interim closing, thoughts?View attachment 399845View attachment 399846
That would make it what - 6 years since piling began? I posted the picture here when I first saw it, but can't remember when. For a relatively small and simple project like this (no complicated structure like The One nor adding more floors on top of existing building like 488 University), it's laughable. I suppose they could always blame COVID for it - that seems to be the go-to excuse for every delay these days.

That would make it what - 6 years since piling began? I posted the picture here when I first saw it, but can't remember when. For a relatively small and simple project like this (no complicated structure like The One nor adding more floors on top of existing building like 488 University), it's laughable. I suppose they could always blame COVID for it - that seems to be the go-to excuse for every delay these days.

How many properties is the government saying they can build again? :D

The brick podium with its piers is gorgeous, but I don't get the purpose of those seemingly random spandrel panels on the east and west sides of the podium. Are they meant to break up the 'monotony' and create some interesting variations? Not with those Toronto Gray™ spandrels!

Back