I wish they had used a bit more of a vibrant colour on this, like maybe emerald. The colour is so muted and dull. Toronto seems to be so afraid of beautiful, rich, vibrant colour, yet that's what it desperately needs.

+1. These are very pale-looking. Even the Legacy/Ultra buildings down the street are dull.
These buildings have nice curves, I like the roofline, but at street level they are lifeless. But man, the views are killer.

PV7Zhr2.jpg

There are quite a number of pictures by Jack of the latest at Emerald City in this front page story, highlighting all three of the first phase towers now having been topped off.

The architecture is unsatisfactory. It's sterile and generic. I look in vain for some creative details of any kind--in the forms, mullion placements, materials, proportions and podiums--but everything seems generic. It's far below the architectural standards of CityPlace, Regent Park, West Don Lands and the East Bayfront.

We've taken a tour, and the results are on the front page.

April 16. First two taken from a speeding, out of control car.

IMG_3278.jpg

IMG_3288.jpg

IMG_3292.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3278.jpg
    IMG_3278.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 2,797
  • IMG_3288.jpg
    IMG_3288.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 2,744
  • IMG_3292.jpg
    IMG_3292.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 2,746
Yep:

"Emerald City is also a commuter’s dream come true. With easy underground access to the Don Mills subway, you can be in downtown Toronto in just minutes."

Don't know if that would hold up in court but it's definitely there.

Yup, curious to see how this one plays out. Upon initial review, it certainly seems like misrepresentation on the part of the builder.

Phase 2 is to see move in starting June 13 with a lot of temporarily asphalt being place for it.

They still haven't done anything regarding the town house on the north side of the driveway to the underground parking.

Back