I'm flabbergasted that people continue to buy condos without knowing the simpliest of details.

Your money is quite safe but you're stuck with Bazis until Bazis decides to let you go.

I really hope that this project goes through. North York skyline could use some colour. Those sleek green towers would be a welcome addition.

I really hope so too. I purchased a unit. I was looking for some extra money from this investment not this frustration that Bazis has given us.

I really hope so too. I purchased a unit. I was looking for some extra money from this investment not this frustration that Bazis has given us.

I too think Emerald Park is a good looking building ...

however I'm not sure if you'll achieve your wish/goal, and be prepared for a bumpy road ahead (given Bazis records to date) :)

Design Review Panel

I guess Emerald Park is not exactly dead yet ~ It's going before the Urban Design Review Panel on September 24th ...

CITY OF TORONTO DESIGN REVIEW PANEL
AGENDA: MEETING 24 - September 24 , 2009
City Hall, 100 Queen Street West, Committee Room 2

11:55 am

Project 1: North York Centre Pilot Area
“Emerald Park†Condo, 4726-4750 Yonge Street
Site Plan, OPA & Rezoning - 2nd DRP Review (first review held May 2008)
Emerald Park Inc. / Bazis International
Presentations
Mark Chlon, Community Planning; Rong Yu, Urban Design
Roy Varacalli, Bazis International

http://www.toronto.ca/planning/pdf/design_review/drp_agenda_sept09.pdf

Daily Commercial News

Perhaps more signs of life still exist for Emerald Park :confused:

CONDOMINIUM BUILDINGS
Proj: 9108001-1
North York, Metro Toronto Reg ON
PREPARING PLANS
Emerald Park Condominium, 4726-4750 Yonge Street, Sheppard Ave, Poyntz St, M2N
$40,000,000 est

Note: Owner is seeking City Council approvals for site plan and rezoning. Concept plans are underway in-house at the Owner. The design will be forwarded to the City of Toronto Design Review panel, September 24, 2009. The project scope; including area, and materials will be released pending completion of the Review. Schedules for Working drawings, tender for Gen Cont and construction are undetermined. Further update Spring, 2010.

Project: proposed construction of a condominium development. The project will consist of a 30-storey building and a 39-storey building to be built above a three level podium which will house retail and amenity space. The project will also include four storeys of underground parking.

Scope: 39 storeys; 4 storeys below grade; 2 structures; 521 units

Development: New

Category: Apartment bldgs

This report Fri Sep 18, 2009.

http://www.dailycommercialnews.com/cgi-bin/top10.pl?rm=show_top10_project&id=c8872f6c01ddf003005ab9de028985deb2feb64e&projectid=9108001&region=ontario

Thats nice to hear that Bazis is on track to go ahead, maybe it will shut-up some of the hardcore Canuks that only believe in Canadian developers in Toronto.

An article on 1 Bloor East in either the Star or the Globe over the weekend mentioned that Emerald Park phase 1 is 85% sold and good to go, they're just waiting for zoning permissions.

I really hope that this project goes through. North York skyline could use some colour. Those sleek green towers would be a welcome addition.

I too think the green would be a welcome addition, but part of me is worried Bazis will pull a crystal blu and just tack on some green emeralds onto the base.

Well, in this case I think you have to worry that they night try to nail some bits of park onto the base.

An article on 1 Bloor East in either the Star or the Globe over the weekend mentioned that Emerald Park phase 1 is 85% sold and good to go, they're just waiting for zoning permissions.

Sounds very familiar

Thats nice to hear that Bazis is on track to go ahead, maybe it will shut-up some of the hardcore Canuks that only believe in Canadian developers in Toronto.

But Bazis International is technically Canadian. ;)

Back