I heard Menkes purchased the SW corner.

If this is true, this could end up being another OMB battle like Gibson Square where the city wants a commercial bldg while Menkes wants condos.

If memory serves me correctly, a 23 storey twin of the Nestle building has been approved there for many years.

Menkes would surely add enough space for a dentist and a dry cleaners below the expected condo and sail through the OMB based on precedents. They've already gotten several prime North York sites converted to residential use. Menkes is not the worst builder out there but they're taking a leading role in wrecking North York's potential, which is a shame considering they've done decent stuff like Luxe and the Empress Walk towers...there's very few good sites for office or civic buildings left and the area needs all the help it can get.

Well the one in Kazakhstan is going up

EM7.jpg

Wait - someone acclaimed Roy Varacalli?

I hope to be pleasantly surprise too! (But then I always do...)

Discovered this old photo from a site (here: link) that can be used as good establishing shot for the development of this site.

365-jan10.jpg

wow ... that area is fulling up quite abit.

all the low-rises on the west side, and the few around Tridel's presentation centre are prime for redevelopment.

Discovered this old photo from a site (here: link) that can be used as good establishing shot for the development of this site.

How deep is the lot to the west side? It's going to be a very jarring transition from the complex to the rest of the block and the Petro Can on the south side.

I wasn't aware Emerald Park went that far south. I thought they were only going to occupy the block between Bogert and Poyntz, Yonge and Beecroft only.

Emerald Park takes up a whole block, four full blocks north of that Petro-Can.

Sorry, is it north of the Shell? I should really pay more attention to the stations in the area the next time I'm up there.

That row on Poyntz strikes me as a little small to be up against a development of this size, even by North York standards.

wow ... that area is fulling up quite abit.

all the low-rises on the west side, and the few around Tridel's presentation centre are prime for redevelopment.

They really are packing them in. The view from the Procter & Gamble building is getting more crowded every day.

Interested

I was wondering if any progress was made on this project? Did anything good come out of the meeting's or should I focus on other options?

Back