Nov 7

more cladding

3geo.jpg

Window-wall cladding like that is architecturally appropriate on projects with a neo-modernist aesthetic (X or many other projects by aA) but an expressive form like this will look a bit awkward and cheap with it, IMO.

Window-wall cladding like that is architecturally appropriate on projects with a neo-modernist aesthetic (X or many other projects by aA) but an expressive form like this will look a bit awkward and cheap with it, IMO.

cannot agree more

Wow,... these self appointed urban condominium tower connoisseur are as hilarious as Mayor Rob Ford. How can you even judge a condo based on its panel,... especially when they've only revealed 2 shades of the 5-6 different panels they'll uses. Right now its like watching a poker game,.... and they've only shown two out of their 5 cards,....

I like the window wall. I didn't expect that a building named "Emerald" park with an explicitly green rendering would turn out to be any other colour than green. Also, it'll be a unique colour to the neighbourhood.

It's the vertical banding that I want to see. If they do something similar to what the L tower has it might end up looking ok.

I like the window wall. I didn't expect that a building named "Emerald" park with an explicitly green rendering would turn out to be any other colour than green. Also, it'll be a unique colour to the neighbourhood.

You expected a building called Emerald Park to be covered in window wall with prominent black mullions?

Wow, that view from the NE is almost unrecognizable from five years ago, and that's just from the two developments.

As far as cool construction projects goes, this one might just top my list. It's cool to see how razor thin the sides are compared to the rest of the floor plate. I've said this before but what a fantastic sized podium. Jasonzed's last pic is amazing. Especially with Hullmarks set backed curved podium in the foreground. Emerald park should top out where the tip of the crane is in that pic.

Back