A letter of invitation arrived today from Emerald Park.
They will start to dig the ground on March 29, 2011 at 11:00 am.
The owners are invited for the event.

Right on for North York ...all three of the major projects announced/planned during the the credit crunch are now all off the ground.(Hullmark, Gibson, Emerald) :cool:

Sounds good! But, but... there is still a house to be demolished; I hope it will go soon.

buzzbuzzhome blog confirming that groundbreaking is this coming Tuesday, March 29th.......

http://blog.buzzbuzzhome.com/2011/03/ground-about-to-break-for-emerald-park.html

Good news, from that blog it sounds to me that these buildings will be 35 and 45 storeys high.:confused:

Two distinctive emerald-hued towers - one 32-storeys, the other 42-storeys - will launch upwards from a central podium that will include two floors of retail and one floor of dedicated office space.

Podiums are always counted as the floor height. Have you not learned that after all this time on UT? It's not podium + tower.

Posted by Mithradate

On cue this morning a large portable tent or gazebo was constructed on the site. Could not see what was going on inside--but by the afternoon there was a backhoe on the site as well.

All is ready for the ceremony tomorrow.

Posted by Mithradate

On cue this morning a large portable tent or gazebo was constructed on the site. Could not see what was going on inside--but by the afternoon there was a backhoe on the site as well.

All is ready for the ceremony tomorrow.

I think I see the tent here (top left):
http://www.ucitonline.com/hullmark/

Any chance Tridel can tilt the camera up a little?

Images from the ground breaking ceremony we attended this morning onsite.

The site.
EmeraldParkGB032911-1.jpg

EmeraldParkGB032911-2.jpg

EmeraldParkGB032911-3.jpg

EmeraldParkGB032911-4.jpg

Barbara Lawlor - President, Baker Real Estate

EmeraldParkGB032911-5.jpg

Michael Gold - President, Bazis

EmeraldParkGB032911-6.jpg

Roy Varacalli - Bazis/architect

EmeraldParkGB032911-7.jpg

From left to right: Purchaser, Barbara Lawlor - President, Baker Real Estate, Roy Varacalli - Bazis/architect, Tony Moro - TMG Builders, Michael Gold - President, Bazis, Howard Sokolowski - Metropia, Scott McLellan - Plaza, Veronika Beovich - Bazis, Michael Maneguzzi - TMG Builders, John Cho - Century 21 New Concept.

EmeraldParkGB032911-8.jpg

Site Signage

video posted at the buzzbuzzhome blog.....had no idea it is pronounced 'Bay-zis'....[video=youtube;8F1Xb4kVYv8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F1Xb4kVYv8&feature=player_embedded[/video]

This week there is a contractor removing the remaining tree stumps and the ashphalt from the existing parking lots.

Not exactly excavation, but a beginning following the ground breaking.

Back