Thanks. Looks like a tricky work to remove the rest of the ramp... Are they done with the base? If so, we can expect a crane-mounting day any time soon :)

Could you tell us AD if the whole of the ramp is to come down, or if it is just being re-arranged?

There appears to be no workers at the bottom of the excavation now--how will they access the site of the crane base?

Correction 16-02: The ramp is not being removed; just realigned.

The road down has been re-directed so that vehicles descending the ramp exit to the east rather than the west. The previous layout had vehicles arriving directly at the base for the crane. The new alignment brings a vehicle or equipment moving down well to the east of the crane base.

Answers come to those who wait.

Last edited:
As promised by AD27, the crane mounting is under way! I'll post a couple of pictures soon.

OK, the crane is up! Here are some snapshots of the timeline:

sm1img0052.jpg

sm2img0058.jpg

sm3img0064.jpg

Yonge-Sheppard will never look the same soon:

sm4img0059.jpg

Has anybody ever counted how many cranes are active in Toronto?

I had heard years ago, before the Crash, that Dubai had 1/4 of all the active cranes in the world. Obviously, Toronto is not close to that, but the number must be in the hundreds at least.

There appears to be no workers at the bottom of the excavation now--how will they access the site of the crane base?
Answers come to those who wait.

The service stairs were installed last week:

ut3emeraldstairs.jpg

AD27, any news on added floors?

March 2 2012

Not a very good pic, but I do see workers in the pit everyday, haven't actually been close enough to see what they're doing though.

DSC_0766.JPG

March 2 2012

Not a very good pic, but I do see workers in the pit everyday, haven't actually been close enough to see what they're doing though.

They have been working around the crane base and on more water that is collecting near the north wall and the southwest corner (not visable in the picture).

Also the ramp has been re-structured again and the north gate that was blocked off is now re-opened for vehicle traffic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back