From the conversations that i've had with those working on site, this project is more or less 5 months behind schedule for the Nov 2013 date.

Last edited:
The digging is not done yet, but looks like they are trying to catch up; a shot from this Saturday:

smep1img0728.jpg

Since many have compared EmeraldPark construction to Tridel-HullmarkCentre, you'll have to go back about 10 months to August 2011 to find the Tridel-Hullmark Centre construction phase (crane up and just starting to pour base foundation) that EmeraldPark is in now. Given that EmeraldPark won't be as tall as Tridel-Hullmark Centre,... 7 months behind seems about right. Then again the construction crew at Tridel-Hullmark Centre has been working very efficiently since the beginning.
http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showth...e-(NYCC-Tridel-Hullmark-44-35s-Kirkor)/page47

I think the challenge will be for EmeraldPark to be finish with all its underground floors and reach ground level by year end, before it gets really cold, to make progress.

Good updates and pictures (even though they are a couple of weeks old), thanks for sharing. The blog is stating that "The west side will be at grade in August while the east side will be at grade in the Fall." Today they are working on the level-3 parking, west side and on level 1 parking, east side, so maybe west side will be at grade in August, but they might get stuck on east side due to building a subway connection.

Last edited:
Subway connection will be on east side,... more specifically south-east corner of EmeraldPark.
Thanks for noticing, this is what I meant to say! --- the east side might be delayed due to subway work and the west side will go up faster...

Subway connection will be on east side,... more specifically south-east corner of EmeraldPark.

I was under the impression that they started pouring the east side later than they did the west end due to the extra time that it took to remove the truck ramp, which took up a large portion of the eastern half of the site.

this will be interesting too as the east tower is over ten stories taller than the west tower.

^ This is a really cool looking project. Even though it won't be as tall as Hullmark Center I think it's effect on the skyline will be noticed. Very unique design! Between this project, Hullmark, and Gibson Square... North York is going to look even more intense!

Back