News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Quick Question re: 126 John

Anyone remember what was at 126 John Street before Circa, Lucid and Playdium? Thanks.

A look at Roundhouse Park & The Roundhouse Complex, including a peek at Leon's Furniture.

[video=youtube;Qkf3Dwli2ew]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkf3Dwli2ew[/video]

Fantastic! Any idea of when Roundhouse Park will be completed?
I love that Leon's, I'm now really inspried to get down there and check it out.

The entertainment district is officially dead. Kaput. Thanks to Adam vaugh's tunnel vision of what once was a thriving core.

Not every neighbourhood can be Queen west (and not every neighbourhood should be) but it seems like they all want to strive for the same recipe?

It does leave me scratching my head why there is even an entertainment District BIA when they decided to put a 12+ million dollar shelter smack right in the middle of it, at it's boom!
I'm guessing the next shelters will be on King west. Perhaps they can buy Spice route's buiding and the business for a premium of 15 million dollars and turn it into a 50 bed shelter.

On a different note, trouble makers are usually out of towners (hamilton/stoney creek) that show up in limos... or the outer edges of Toronto this is a fact

I was in the entertainment district late Saturday night and thought the crowd was hilarious. It's a heavily suburban/905 crowd on the weekends and all the girls were wearing the exact same thing: a spandex barely there skirt and some riff on heels. A -it was freezing cold Saturday night and B- the fact that everyone was dressed almost to the letter in the same outfit was sort of disturbing.

Downtown Snookiville?
182919gge.jpg

The guys do it too. Pin stripe collared shirt massive! It's scary. I'm 24 and I couldn't fit in with those people if I tried (and wanted to). I don't know a single person that lives south of Eglinton that has ever even owned a pin stripe collared shirt, not to menton wore it out on a Friday. I'm more in with the hoody, back alleyway crowd. The Entertainment District's been kind of off limits for a while now.

The entertainment district is officially dead. Kaput. Thanks to Adam vaugh's tunnel vision of what once was a thriving core.

Not every neighbourhood can be Queen west (and not every neighbourhood should be) but it seems like they all want to strive for the same recipe?

It does leave me scratching my head why there is even an entertainment District BIA when they decided to put a 12+ million dollar shelter smack right in the middle of it, at it's boom!
I'm guessing the next shelters will be on King west. Perhaps they can buy Spice route's buiding and the business for a premium of 15 million dollars and turn it into a 50 bed shelter.

On a different note, trouble makers are usually out of towners (hamilton/stoney creek) that show up in limos... or the outer edges of Toronto this is a fact

I was just in the Rexdale neighbourhood thread commenting on how people were insulting a poster based on his poor grammar and explicitly refusing to address his arguments for the same reason. Why can't we do the same for js97, who seems not to know many of the rules of punctuation, capitalization and syntax?

I kid -- everyone is entitled to his own opinion.

FYI - The effort to form the Entertainment District BIA predates the city's purchase of the Fez Batik building.

What is "Adam vaugh's tunnel vision" (sic)? Vaughan gets attacked for being a racist for saying exactly what js97 and others in this thread have said about the origin of the Entertainment District patrons who are "problematic". Vaughan gets attacked for wanting to reduce (from 40,000!) the number of patron-spots at licensed venues in the Entertainment District, and taking steps to facilitate that reduction, even though the over-concentration of clubs is a demonstrable cause of violence and corruption. Vaughan also gets attacked for promoting a greater diversity of uses of the Entertainment District, even though this has led to a huge proportion of the development proposals (and some of the more exciting ones) that are of greatest interest to most of the users of the board.

My clothes closet has an entire section devoted to crisply laundered stripéd dress shirts - which I usually wear with either a polka dot tie or a cravate - and I'm delighted to learn that the youth of our nation are now wearing them again, though they really should tuck them into their breeches for the full and proper effect.

Well, one thing's for sure: if there's any efficient way to stop critics of Adam Vaughan's handling of the Entertainment District dead in their tracks, it's by posting a pic of Snooki

Back