News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I do hope all 'clubs' disappear if it's the top 40 crowd that they cater to.

I avoid places that charge $5 for a small plastic glass of corona. I also avoid the people that'd pay those $5.

I avoid places that charge $5 for a small plastic glass of corona. I also avoid the people that'd pay those $5.

Thankfully you don't call the shots. What an ignorant post.

Take that! Lightbox.

I checked out the Tim Burton exhibit the other day and was a little dissapointed. It cost $23 to get in, and once inside it was a small gallery no bigger than something I'd find on Ossington or James North in Hamilton! There were some neat items, but all-in-all was dissapointing.
If you're a huge Tim Burton fan, def check it out. If not, save your $23 and go see a real movie! LOL

Then you should stick to your neighbourhood where you're comfortable b/c a LOT of Torontonians (and GTHAers alike) make it an event to come to 'The District'. When something becomes an event, it makes it extra special and therefore ppl tend to spend a lot more time/money on it.

How dare these residents/tourists/GTHAers want to contribute to Toronto's economy!

Last edited:
I live in the Entertainment District. I love the theatre, the movies, the sports, the music, the restaurants, and even though I never use them I don't mind all the shops and whatnot. But whenever one of these clubs that cater to idiot people closes its doors for the nights the streets become a very uncomfortable place for lonely girls. The atmosphere turns like this from fairly early too, as a lot of the GTAers pre-drink and/or get high before hitting these clubs.

I've seen girls in the street being harassed by the assholes these things attract way too many times. Women who happen to be in the area for reasons other than clubbing (visiting someone and going back home, etc).

I want all the people in my neighbourhood to feel safe at all times and all places. Demanding anything less shows no standards whatsoever.

The entertainment district recently got a new bowling alley and now here comes Ping Pong.

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5V 1K7

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 11 168412 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Apr 7, 2011

Project: Non-Residential Building Other Proposal

Description: Zoning review for new Ping Pong establishment to be located in basement level of existing mixed use building.

Whether you love it or hate it, with the number of condos coming up in this area, it'll definitely alter the landscape of the neighborhood. I'm interested to see the change in the next few years.

Whether you love it or hate it, with the number of condos coming up in this area, it'll definitely alter the landscape of the neighborhood. I'm interested to see the change in the next few years.

I definitely agree. I just moved to Toronto a month ago, from Montreal, and my new office is next to the entertainment district, if not considered in it; Adelaide/Charlotte area. I love going to work everyday and see the neighbourhood completely filled with new projects (Cinema Tower, Pinnacle on Adelaide, Peter Condos, The Bond, Tableau, King Charlotte, The Charlie, Picasso) all within reach of less than 5 minutes walking distance. I just love it. But I agree on one thing. Reducing "entertainment" local stores might maybe give a lesser sense of security feeling on the residents. But I still really like the transformation the area is having and I hope that whoever is in charge of Toronto's development, that they will think about all those things and make sure a balance is created.

This treatment is on the light poles on King between Spadina & John. Anyone know what they're for?

polecollars.jpg

But whenever one of these clubs that cater to idiot people closes its doors for the nights the streets become a very uncomfortable place for lonely girls.
I want all the people in my neighbourhood to feel safe at all times and all places. Demanding anything less shows no standards whatsoever.

I get the same feeling when I walk past all the homeless shelters, government homes, and dedicated shoot up establishments

Shady people harassing me.

I say we rid of downtown of these vermin so we can all feel safe at all times and all places...

Last edited:
I get the same feeling when I walk past all the homeless shelters, government homes, and dedicated shoot up establishments

Shady people harassing me.

I say we rid of downtown of these vermin so we can all feel safe at all times and all places...

I see, your superior because your not homeless? Count your blessings.

Back