News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

The Waterfront Night Market at Ontario Place taking place this week from August 12 to 14th:

The Bentway block party is also happening on August 14th:

Taste of the Danforth returns this year:

That place is an overpriced tourist trap.

In the 90s you could get fair sized portions at a reasonable price without all the people.

Now you get tiny portions at an insane price with wall to wall people.

I avoid it now.

In the 90s you could get fair sized portions at a reasonable price without all the people.

I avoid it now.
Me too, it became a miserable experience many years ago. That goes for pretty much all of these street festivals. Victims of their own success.

I avoid it now.

Yeah i gave up going as well. Last time i went i got some wicked food poisoning from one of the food stands. Spent a good 24 hours hugging my toilet bowl. Not sure what i was thinking that day. Food sitting outside for god knows how long in hot humid weather, what could possibly go wrong? I now avoid all street food and stick to restaurants with running water and refrigeration! 😆

Yeah i gave up going as well. Last time i went i got some wicked food poisoning from one of the food stands. Spent a good 24 hours hugging my toilet bowl. Not sure what i was thinking that day. Food sitting outside for god knows how long in hot humid weather, what could possibly go wrong? I now avoid all street food and stick to restaurants with running water and refrigeration! 😆

The CNE has running water and refrigeration. The Food Building has likely seen many people taking the browns to the super bowl.

Saw this on Yonge today, 1 April.
CFBC7505-0D6B-4595-BE34-64C533E5ABF6.jpeg
97C934D4-EC7E-4BD5-B7B8-6412739B88C5.jpeg
DA5DE615-84D3-4D18-93FD-49BE9613A9E2.jpeg

Toronto Outdoor Picture Show (TOPS) returns to the city for three months, starting in June, giving you the opportunity to watch a variety of films outdoors under the stars, for free.

TOPS will be setting up in four public spaces: Fort York, Corktown Common, Bell Manor Park, and Christie Pits Park. Programming will run from June 22 to August 27 with a total of 21 free public screenings.

Took my youngest to the Big on Bloor street festival on Sunday. It felt more bare than in past years, and we were both utterly bored within 10 minutes. These things are so poorly done here. I love the idea and concept of street festivals, but the execution is utterly lacking.

I avoid it now.

Me too, it became a miserable experience many years ago. That goes for pretty much all of these street festivals. Victims of their own success.

I attended Taste of the Danforth this afternoon. The crowds seemed about the same size as the recent pre-pandemic years. It was certainly less packed and chaotic than the Agoraphobia-inducing crowds of the aughts.

I did notice a drop in the number of vendors, with plenty of 20+ person lines for food stalls.

I’m not one for meat on a stick so I grabbed a pint at The Only Cafe.

Last edited:

Back