Its too bad it is so grey. What's the status of those red curtains?

There appeared to be a "test" of the curtains that was hung in one of the windows facing King Street a while back. I guess they took it down when they started drywalling the suites.

Okay; we have a second front page on this for you today, this time going up above the interesting ground level spaces we covered in the earlier article. This time you get to see in a unit or two, check out the pool terrace, the unique angles created through this building's articulated massing, and of course, views views views!

I have to say we'd been waiting to do this tour for a long time. Hope you enjoy the results!

Yawn, frozen-then- microwaved-food (some steak cuts, and veg, potato). :rolleyes:

(Jacob's is right around the corner on Brandt.)

Saw a unit for rent on kijiji asking $1600

this might be the best built freed building yet. super late mind you...but construction quality looks good.

9 November 2013: Finally I saw action on the old building!
0xft.jpg

cfq5.jpg

hz50.jpg

7xzj.jpg

i3q0.jpg

nice pics, UD! thx for all the updates....:)

I was wondering why the holes in the roof. On a walk by, I got my answer.

Pic taken Nov 15, 2013

LBze7cI.jpg

Yeah, those concrete dividers on Adelaide are really brutal. There doesn't appear to be any character to this side of the building at street level.

I totally agree. I walk by those townhouse units all the time and those concrete walled-in patios are very small and confining. I would rather see them replaced with hedges, something not so brutal and jail-like.
I am looking forward to seeing the illuminated red curtains. I was hoping they will be lit up by halogen pucks or pot lights rather than a flourescent strip. The points of light and shadowing would look more dramatic, as illustrated in the rendering, than the consistant wash of light. Hopefully they will get the colour of the flourescent lights right.

They are LED strips, not flourescents.

Back