There are promotions for both the hall and the apartment tower in both the Festival Catalogue and Schedule.

Yes I agree, this is the most important site and surface parking lot in the city... lets get this project done!

Questions about construction: Will construction be able to begin on the entire project only after they pre-sell the usual 65-80% of the condo units above Festival Centre? As they are attached I assume that once construction is started on the TIFF centre they must finish the tower portion. However, would they really hold off on the TIFF centre even though they have already secured gov't funding and private donations until a certain % of condos are sold? Maybe they could start constuction and by the time they finish excavation and the TIFF podium (1 year min) then the condos would likely be sold?

I'm pretty sure the TIFF centre would go ahead either way. Most likely what will end up happening is they'll start construction on TIFF and easily have enough condo sales to justify it's construction before the base is completed.

"Yes I agree, this is the most important site and surface parking lot in the city... lets get this project done!"

Agreed, lets all meet there this afternoon- bring your own shovel. One would think with the popularity and exposure the venue would get internationally that they would have no problem getting funding for this. It could potentially be one of Toronto's star attractions- pun intended.

There are two registration lists for the condos - the regular one, and the 'Inner Circle' one. Those in the 'Inner Circle' have put $1000 down to be first in line to purchase once sales start. One would hope that the Inner Circle list is limited to the number of units available in the building, but maybe some allowance for those not purchasing has been made. In any case, membership to the Inner Circle is still being advertised.

When the centre was first announced 3 and a half years ago the registration list quickly grew to about 2,000 names, and within a week the Inner Circle list was created. During the X Condo launch a few months ago Pat Baker told me that there has been almost no attrition from the Inner Circle list.

I suspect that Daniels, while acknowledging some softening of the market for luxury condos here, is not too worried about not selling this building out. It's the frickin' Film Festival Centre after all.

Members of the Inner Circle have been invited to one special Film Fest event per year since joining the list. This year the event is on Firday the 8th at Roy Thomson Hall, where many more specifics about the building will be released, followed by the gala screening of Perdo Almodovar's new film Volver.

nice perks for the 'Inner Circle". The units on high floors facing south, south/east are going to be snapped up pretty quickly.

I've always liked the base...this new iteration is good, though not sure if I like it more than the previous version.

I'd like to see more of the tower. Hopefully it's an improvement on the last version.

lucky man...great movie - and inside info regarding the tower.

She's in SHORTBUS, by that guy who did HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY INCH. It's a volver free movie. It's one of my 20 second choices.

Great. So the condo gets the art. What a perfect fit - I can't imagine Michael Snow not taking the opportunity to address the illuminated rooftop, now he's been given the chance.

Back