No-one is proposing to project images into the air, the question is whether the box up top will actually show movies, or at least have discernible images on it, or whether it will just pulsate with more abstract light.

I'd fear that moving images eventually turn into ads for Bell Canada. I'd much rather see an LED lighting feature up there.

25 May 2010:

dsc04076picnik.jpg

Demolition of Old Sales Office

Demolition of the old sales office has begun...but i forget what is going to be built here.

(i also don't understand how to attach a picture properly)

Attachments

• festtower.jpg
    festtower.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 220
Like the tower...absolutely hate the podium. But what else is new? Looking at the feature sheet, the units have some very nice interior finishes.

Demolition of the old sales office has begun...but i forget what is going to be built here.

I think in Toronto, its very safe to say that for each vacant parking lot undergoing work, a condo will rise... (it works 75% of the time! jks... but seriously... toronto has SOOO many condos). I think 2 towers are being built behind Festival tower :)

Nice shot of the mechanical stuff Caltrane! I think its looking really nice and how it flows in sync with the rest of the building :D.. when its clad i'm sure it'll look awesome!

Great pic Caltrane! Now the roof top is starting match the rendering where the "light box" is separated in two,with a space between. I was getting worried when they first started , but it looks truer to the rendering now. Should look really awesome when lit up at night and add more cool night lighting effects on the west side with RBC, CN tower and now the Festival Tower!!!

Hey everyone, longtime reader and first time poster.
Was downtown for Doors Open and walked past Festival Tower and snapped this pic
dsc_2462-3.jpg

I'm excited to see what it looks like when everything's finished =D

Last edited:
haha yeah, sorry about that. new to this forum, so i wasn't sure how it would deal with the file. resized it!

Hey riche22! welcome to the forums, and STUNNINGLY-EPIC photography you got there! Man does the cladding look sexy there! that shot has made me rediscover the beauty of this tower! (many shots taken make the tower look more greenish...)

Back