Magnificent updates! The way the mechanical box is looking adds plus points to the building in my opinion! It makes it more interesting to look at aside from the plain old box! (cause festival tower has no setbacks)

One thing i noticed from above is the puny little buildings right in front of festival tower (south-west corner)... Its freakin small (even compared to the podium! its crazy just looking at it!

Who woulda thought they'd build something this big here!!! :D

Did they put up new hoarding on King St. to protect the glass in anticipation of the G8 meeting?

Here's a close up of the north side taken an hour ago. It gives an idea of how translucent the glass is.

4709379889_1549c47d37_o.jpg

Perfect glass for projecting High Definition video from the rear.... Hmmmm wonder if that is their plan?

I must say, I think this building integrates with its surroundings very well while maintaining an important and discernible distinction. The smart whitish treatment they gave it is just enough to complement its garish PoMo neighbour.

Last edited:
I'm just hoping that Daniels will in fact light up the 'light box' ... or else that would be a total let down ~

I'm just hoping that Daniels will in fact light up the 'light box' ... or else that would be a total let down ~

They WILL light it up and it will STILL be a total let down.

Because it will probably be the same old shifting LED lighting going through the rainbow of colours that every "Art Installation " since high-powered LEDs came out 10 years ago, have been.

As I said a few posts above... It should be old movies playing from high-powered rear-projecting HD Video.

Indeed...

I quite agree that this tower is one of the finer ones to be built. Though it's still under construction so technical it's not built yet but I digress. I love the balconies and the top looks sharp too.

From Panorama:

PanoramaViewFestivalTower.jpg

Back