good loard... im old.

anyways from my mobile updates today... here you go!!!

sany1434.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of this one. I find it overwhelms everything around it. That shot above is a perfect example. It's just too bulky for my liking.

OOOOOO!

Festival looks sooo dark (like a horror movie)...

And it looks great BTW!!!

I think it looks dark cause of the weather outside, and I'm really busy these days... no time to edit and clean up my pictures before I posted them in the old days..

If you want steveve.. go on and edit the photos posted in these threads, I usually brighten them up and then raise the constrast to sharpen. A little homework assignment for ya..

I'll be posting these updates for a bit, so your homework will accumulate.

LOL Cal!

It wasn't a complaint... I was just saying how the weather/rain plays an affect on the building... No need for touch ups...

And I just realized I hadn't touched my school bag the whole weekend...
FAIL! :eek:

I'm not a fan of this one. I find it overwhelms everything around it. That shot above is a perfect example. It's just too bulky for my liking.

Better get used to it. There are two forty-plus story towers to go up behind this project, and three other proposals of similar height right near by.

Better get used to it. There are two forty-plus story towers to go up behind this project, and three other proposals of similar height right near by.

Yup. On John Street alone we've got Hariri Pontarini's 42-floor tower at Adelaide and 60 John Street, which will be 33 floors. Should form quite the street-wall.

The fact that there are proposals of similar scale going up around this one doesn't excuse the poor pedestrian experience at its base.

The problem isn't really the height so much as the overwhelming podium.

I may change my mind when it's actually done, but to me it's not much different than a giant 5-storey concrete wall with some decorative cladding and glass that's a block long. A full block with no variety on the north side of the road, no contrast.

I'm not sure what they can put at the bottom floor to redeem that - even if the entire span was retail, the monstrosity above would be overwhelming. Maybe eventually they can do something like the Eaton center did with the Yonge St facade.

It's still an interesting and cool project, I just wish it faced Adelaide or Richmond or something, not King.

Last edited:

Back