The fact that there are proposals of similar scale going up around this one doesn't excuse the poor pedestrian experience at its base.

cant really comment on the pedestrian experience at the base. the only thing pedestrians are experiencing right now is hoarding....

I think the hoarding is misleading as well. It looks like there's going to be a significant canopy over the sidewalk, so it may actually be quite pleasant to walk by the Lightbox, with nice the protection overhead. The ground floor should be quite animated as well, with the restaurants, the theatre lobby, and the condo lobby all right there.

Remember also that this is compared to the massive parking lot that used to be there. I think this is quite a boost to the pedestrian experience of that strip.

Here's a view from Beverley St. of the Ritz and Festival Tower rising

urban.jpg

Great shot!

I took a photo from that street 2 months ago and it's nice to see the difference 1 month really makes...

The Ritz cladding is visible from that view now!
:D

Great shots Cal!

And... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

read the illuminated letters in that sign...

sany1404.jpg

THAT"S A FAIL!!!

I'm putting this on Failblog if ya don't mind :D

As promised:

http://cheezburger.com/View.aspx?aid=2914429184

***If people rate it as good, it will appear on failblog in a day or so :tup:

Caltrane is a LEGEND

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL. That sign has been like that for over a year now. I don't think they're going to be fixing it anytime soon.

Seems intentional. The brand of humour would very much fit the "JACKASStor" variety, otherwise popular in the area.

Great shots of Festival!

Very nice contrast against the stormy sky!... Very cool how this buildings' colour changes according to the lighting (like many other buildings!)

The podium looks cool when it's greyish!

It's looking sharp :D

And... GINGERBREAD MAN FTW! :D

Last edited:

Back