Thanks Steveve, it was a long walk yesterday taking these. But a good day to walk around with the camera.

FCP looks different from all sides and really cleans up the skyline. I'm impressed with the upgrade so far.

Now that they're in full swing, I expect that all of what we actually see of FCP from most parts of the city will be complete before the spring. All the other work will be seen up close or inside. Exciting to have a new tallest skyscraper in Toronto!

Years ago elderly women who wanted their white hair to be super white, would add a slight touch of blue to the colouring mix - it made their white hair, whiter. Corvette used to do the same thing with the white paint for their cars. However, I’ve never heard of using green to achieve the same results and I'm just not getting the pistachio effect they seem to be going for since it just doesn't fit with BMO - or anything else for that matter. I’m kinda hoping it’s just a green protective coating that will wash off in a few weeks.

Just hoping I guess.

Taken this afternoon.

5133354134_cf33390ff9_b.jpg

I'm starting to really like how it looks by day, but the signage is so poor that I dislike it at night. I don't know if it's a problem with the lighting, or the material used for the letters, or what, but it's almost completely illegible even from up close. And it looks a million times worse when compared with the ultra crisp KPMG logos that just went up on BA

I'm starting to really like how it looks by day, but the signage is so poor that I dislike it at night. I don't know if it's a problem with the lighting, or the material used for the letters, or what, but it's almost completely illegible even from up close. And it looks a million times worse when compared with the ultra crisp KPMG logos that just went up on BA

They should have just kept the old BMO logo, it looked so much better..

I’ve never heard of using green to achieve the same results and I'm just not getting the pistachio effect they seem to be going for since it just doesn't fit with BMO - or anything else for that matter. I’m kinda hoping it’s just a green protective coating that will wash off in a few weeks.

Iron oxide impurities (Fe2o3) in the glass make it appear green.

^ Thanks. It was taken from the top of the parking garage on Sheppard St, just north of FCP. It will be great to see more shots like this taken as the stocking is pulled off.

Like a few others that have mentioned it I love this project for the black corners, without them I wouldn't care that this was happening.

I agree with the thinning effect the new cladding seems to give. I think the scaffolding is adding to the illusion as well.

^ What I've been saying too :)

Slap a nice pair of white Hancock Tower like antennae on it and we've got an instant new icon on our skyline once again worthy of the title of Tallest Building in Canada.

Back