Yeah, personally I've never heard FCP called anything BUT First Canadian Place.

But as interchange pointed out, there is nothing to be argued here. People call it what they call it.

Anyways, back to the recladding! I think it'd look cool (and awkward) if they did the first chunk of stone removal at the base of the building and there was will stone on the sections above... it'd look sort of wider above than at street level/lower down if you know what I mean.

It's going to be very very interesting to see a stripped-down FCP.

They would be unable to start at the bottom, as they will be re-cladding in phases while still removing marble. Wouldn't want to be adding glass at the base while removing marble above.

Yeah, personally I've never heard FCP called anything BUT First Canadian Place.

when i was younger, i used to call it the bank of montreal building because that's the only thing i saw from a distance that hinted a name.

It has been reclad before - when they had to replace all that mismatched marble - so it'll be fun to se it happen again.

I used to refer to it as the 'BMO Tower'. I always thought the TD Centre was BCE Place only because it had the TD logo on it.

And then I joined SCC and UT:)

FirstBank = BMO (Canada's first bank). They still have FirstBank chequing accounts and FirstBank commerical paper.

I used to refer to it as the 'BMO Tower'. I always thought the TD Centre was BCE Place only because it had the TD logo on it.

I still remember BCE place as the 'Canada Trust Building'.

Commerce Court, of course, being the CIBC Tower. I mean, it's only logical for people to call buildings by the logos that are on them.

Brookfield Place sounds so much better though. I am so glad that BCE never renewed their naming contract. BCE Place sounded very awkward, IMHO.

Back