Just wondering why TD is the only bank building without a logo. :confused:

The architect Mies Van Der Rohe made them sign an agreement not to wreck the purity of his design. Notice how there aren't any antennas on top of the TD buildings either. And up until recently, the shops on the lower level had to have their signage only in the typeface he himself designed.

It is certainly no mystery why a $100 million facelift was deemed necessary for this building!

4307627487_4252827146_b.jpg

HA! those cleaner white tiles look like digital pixels in a computer!

looks like they clad the building using the spray brush from MS paint!

Its kind of funky in that light, I almost like it. *Almost*, but not quite enough for me to stop wanting to see its FACE RIPPED OFF! har har :eek:

I remember describing 2 FCP as the Lauren Conrad of downtown office towers (boring) and 1 FCP as the Heidi Montag (ridiculous)--now, I suppose this recladding gives the comparison new dimension...

Second accident at this site today. Wood from scafolding smashed into Royal Trust Tower across the street this morning. Broke a number of windows. Combined with accident last week I'm wondering how long the city will let them continue with this project.

It is insanely windy outside today at times... seems ridiculous they'd be working in such conditions.

Someone is going to die... just wait and see.

Hope nobody was hurt. Does seem a little odd that things weren't tied down tho, but then if the wind was strong enough to carry anything that far and with that much force it must have been quite the gust to begin with

They just didn't fasten down the wood platform for the scafolding properly. Stupid mistake that was totally avoidable. No difference then their other mistake. They have been very lucky that somebody hasn't been hurt or killed so far. Sadly though its just a matter of time until something very bad happens with this site the way it is being managed.

Ya, I think I'll just avoid walking around this building, and on windy days I'll use the PATH until this is complete, haha.

Back