Any news on anything happening with the antennae? I think the reclad looks great, but the horrendous mess of antennas at the top of this building will always make it look terrible.

Reason I ask is the free-to-air crowd is talking about how CityTV and Omni are moving their broadcast sites from FCP to the CN Tower sometime mid-october. This has all but been confirmed. Is this related to a bigger change regarding the FCP antennas or is that just wishful thinking?

Edit: Actually I think the move already happened...

I wouldn't mind seeing the antennae removed, but I hope that they replace it with some sort of spire. Seeing FCP without something on top would just look weird.

Looked fine to me:

26615_to_skyline_520.jpg

http://www.archives.gov.on.ca/english/on-line-exhibits/tourism/pics/26615_to_skyline_520.jpg

I don't know. To me it just doesn't look right. Same as shots of the Empire State Building in the first couple decades after it was built. Maybe it's just what I'm used to.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't mind seeing the antennae removed, but I hope that they replace it with some sort of spire. Seeing FCP without something on top would just look weird.

Agreed... it would look incredible with a spire on top. I think the antennae as they are however make the building look terrible.

I find without he antennas, it looks a bit too much like an AON center... i wouldn't mind seeing a spire, or 4 mini ones at each corner,

Giant swirling glow sticks controlled by mock canadian space arm!

how about a 200 foot rotating BMO sign that shoots fireworks on the hour....ok i might have killed the joke

Back