^Amazing the difference today from 12 March 14!
JALRZ4V.jpg

Last edited:
There is zero cladding seen on the tower at the moment in any of the distance shots. Without any hint at all of its final look, why would the photos above trigger a comment like that?!

Don't pretend you care about the glazing or massing of the tower. If it were 80 floors you'd be hyping this thing like there's no tomorrow.

You can start to see the undulating effect of the balconies in the above shots. It seems to be quite subtle at the moment but hopefully it'll become more pronounced when the dark glass and white balcony surrounds are installed.

The shape, a box:eek:...but then again people here drool over glass, and roof thingies

As modern stated above, what do you drool over, less height, what if I told you this building was going to be exactly 300m (yes that mythical height), exactly the same design ... mouth watering isn't it ?

I think it's a fantastic idea to put banks one floor above or below street level. I'd never considered it and I hope it something that happens in Toronto. I agree that a bank's storefront is not good for creating vibrant street life (no one hangs out in front of a bank), but, again, my point is that it's generally good for all retailers in an area if that area is properly serviced by banks. By keeping the bank branches but taking them off the ground floor, we could have our cake and eat it too.
RBC did this very recently at their branch near Summerhill Station. Harvest Wagon has Yonge Street frontage and most of the space on the lower level, while RBC is tucked away on the side street with only an entrance at street level and the actual branch on the second floor. I really liked the concept. You can see it under construction in this streetview image.

http://goo.gl/maps/xw7Fr

^^ That's a good idea. I hate the fact that the banks in CityPlace (and all over Toronto) take up so many store fronts, for each bank. Why can't they open smaller offices, with ATMs, instead of taking up 4 or 5 retail spaces for a single bank? I don't know why they have to completely dominate a building's street level when it's so easy to locate one floor above or one floor below the sidewalk. It would be cheaper for the banks too.

Back