The shape, a box:eek:...but then again people here drool over glass, and roof thingies

Stunning glass, boring architecture.

I'm surprised to see people call this tower boring. I think the undulating balconies and black/white contrast will make it really stand out. Here's a reminder of what the final product should look like (from almost four years ago):

Speaking of establishing a model... I hope you're interested in model shots, because below you will find 20 of them.

Let's start with the render shot, from the northeast:

5FromNE.jpg

and from the northwest:

5FromNW.jpg

and from the southwest:

5FromSW.jpg

and from the southeast:

5FromSE.jpg

Now, a head-on shot from the north, looking at the undulating balconies in profile (dramatically lit by multiple celestial orbs):

5NorthProfile.jpg

Last edited:
The undulating balconies and contrasting white cladding are what will ultimately set this building apart. It understandably looks boring now since neither of those elements are quite apparent right now. With that said though this project's best aspect is the treatment and revitalization of the heritage row on Yonge Street. Give me a "plain" but well-executed building with that kind of base any day; this is one of the best approaches to heritage preservation and reuse I've ever seen in a Toronto condo development. Massey Tower as well. Two home runs for MOD and HP/ERA.

The undulating balconies and contrasting white cladding are what will ultimately set this building apart. It understandably looks boring now since neither of those elements are quite apparent right now. With that said though this project's best aspect is the treatment and revitalization of the heritage row on Yonge Street. Give me a "plain" but well-executed building with that kind of base any day; this is one of the best approaches to heritage preservation and reuse I've ever seen in a Toronto condo development. Massey Tower as well. Two home runs for MOD and HP/ERA.

HP are single-handedly savings Yonge: 1BE, Five, Massey-Tower, and I'll pull in U Condos (although its Bay). Perhaps they even inspired Bazis to up their game at 1 Yorkville?

HPA will be surprised (and delighted, I'm sure) to hear that they are handling U Condos now. aA won't be so impressed though!

HP are single-handedly savings Yonge: 1BE, Five, Massey-Tower, and I'll pull in U Condos (although its Bay). Perhaps they even inspired Bazis to up their game at 1 Yorkville?

They are definitely developing a language for the downtown, and it's certainly great to see the amount of white glass they are using.

Don't forget 1 Yonge:

1yonge.jpg

Attachments

• 1yonge.jpg
    1yonge.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 794

Back