from today
20111204035.jpg

20111204036.jpg

Yesterday
20111203064.jpg

Last edited:
This building doesn't seem to be getting much interest. Anyone know of any proposals for the large parking lot here?

Here's a view of the back, taken from Wellington St, working on the 2nd floor now.

01 March 12
DSC_0470.jpg

Nice. Though I'd still like to see the lot directly to the west developed too. I think I mentioned that in this thread a ways back, and someone said something to do with Globe and Mail was going on it. But I'm not sure. Either way, it's a key location.

The Globe and Mail will be on the other side of Spadina.

What's with the massive transfer slab on the south side?

Edit: Also I'm not sure if the mystery was ever uncovered here on UT, but the reason the crane was assembled and then disassembled was because during the process of winding the cables along the winch there was an issue and the cable itself snapped shaking the entire crane arm. I used to live in Apex across the street and actually watched the whole thing from my window. There were three guys at the end of the arm and they went for the scariest ride of their life, not to mention the snapping sound of the cable was immense! The took off the arm and disassembled the crane after Government inspection.

Last edited:
What's with the massive transfer slab on the south side?

Edit: Also I'm not sure if the mystery was ever uncovered here on UT, but the reason the crane was assembled and then disassembled was because during the process of winding the cables along the winch there was an issue and the cable itself snapped shaking the entire crane arm. I used to live in Apex across the street and actually watched the whole thing from my window. There were three guys at the end of the arm and they went for the scariest ride of their life, not to mention the snapping sound of the cable was immense! The took off the arm and disassembled the crane after Government inspection.

A bit more background: The first crane was brand new - when assembled on the site it was right 'out of the box'. It was during the final stages of the assembly process, either just prior or during its certification inspection, that the cable snapped. After the initial partial disassemble to analyze the problem the decision was made to remove entirely and replace the crane with one which had already been inspected and certified in Canada.

Back