I LOVE IT Man!!!! Stickin it ....
I for one never question your perspectives, However, i do question weather some people on this forum get what perspective is?? Nice work Lats, as always, FS looks absolutely great!! :eek:

Four Seasons glistening...

four-seasons-08-08-2011.jpg

To all those poops who said "You made your render too tall" when I did this render last year...

...I say...

Pfffffftttt :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

That was me, multiple times too :D

All I can say is ... damn, you're good !

All I can say is ... damn, you're good !

I'll second that!

Now, unless my eyes deceived me it looks like the glass has been installed on the east and west side of the fins. I was on College Street today (Tuesday) and noticed this a little west of University, so it was a bit of a distance away but that's what it looked like to me. I didn't have my camera on me.

Emporis has this one at 190m (623ft). It seems considerably taller than that to me.

SSSP has it at 204m (669ft).

Although a large part of its apparent height is due to the relatively lowrise surroundings. It is actually shorter than the Ritz-Carlton (209.6m / 688ft) but appears much taller (at least to me) because of its isolation.

Last edited:
SSSP has it at 204m (669ft).

Although a large part of its apparent height is due to the relatively lowrise surroundings. It is actually shorter than the Ritz-Carlton (209.6m / 688ft) but appears much taller (at least to me) because of its isolation.

Really!? Wow I didn't even realize. Wonder what a 'Fantasy Skyline' would look like if we took all the skyscrapers in TO and placed them all closer together, or in different positions w/in the core. I wish I had the artistry skill for that ;) ;)

It also appears taller because bloor is at a higher altitude then Wellington, does anyone know how much much?

The ground level at the Four Seaons is 116.4m.
http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showth...S-Lifetime-52-25s-aA-P-S)?p=541943#post541943

As for the Ritz, Google Earth has the elevation for the site between 82.5 to 84.5m. While Earth Tools has the site at between 89 to 95m. Averaging that out gives you 87.75m, so the 4 Season's is on ground that is around 30m/100ft higher. Which is of course why it looks taller from distant vantage points where both can be seen, 688ft vs 759ft(659+100).

Really!? Wow I didn't even realize. Wonder what a 'Fantasy Skyline' would look like if we took all the skyscrapers in TO and placed them all closer together, or in different positions w/in the core. I wish I had the artistry skill for that ;) ;)

I have always wanted to do a render like that, but it is way beyond my skill level. It would require 3D rendering software and a database of every high-rise in Toronto. To do it the way I do my renders, I would need an aerial picture of downtown and then photos of all the other buildings in Metro taken from the same height, angle and preferably time of day and sunlight level.... Not too much to ask for, huh?

It also appears taller because bloor is at a higher altitude then Wellington, does anyone know how much much?

According to Google Earth's altitude feature Bay and Yorkville is 34 meters higher than Simcoe and Wellington.

Back