Thanks for the update dreamer: the street level turned out to be a lot less of a bunker than I've feared - in fact the bay windows sort of create a similar pattern as a series of row houses. Well done!

AoD

img0869xg.jpg

I'm sorry guys but this one looks like the most exciting to me. A true five star. Classy, elegant!!! Can't wait!

Looks like the entrance to a maximum security institution. Hopefully the landscaping and signage will warm it up.

I think the general consensus is that the glass on the Four Seasons & Shangri-la towers are all equally brilliant. As these two projects near completion it's going to be one hell of a toss up as to which has the better street presence and entrance. This is so great to have two top notch but similar type projects in Toronto to debate about which is best for a change - instead of which one sucks more.

The four seasons is gonnna be brilliant at the street level. I'm sure of that. Let them finish it before passing judgement !! It just can't fail!

I think the general consensus is that the glass on the Four Seasons & Shangri-la towers are all equally brilliant. As these two projects near completion it's going to be one hell of a toss up as to which has the better street presence and entrance. This is so great to have two top notch but similar type projects in Toronto to debate about which is best for a change - instead of which one sucks more.

I second this thought. Yorkville's location is second to none but I think SL overall is a bit more interesting given the angles on the East side, and the 2 story suites on the West, as well as the roof line features. That said, I love the statue at SL but will eagerly await the "public art/fountain" of the 4S mentioned.

Other than a few individuals who dislike parts of each of these projects, I think most would agree they are definite positives to the City and a true step up from most of what we have seen to date.

amazing. the Bloor/Yonge/Yorkville/Uptown Downtown skyline can hold on it's own (without seeing what lies south of course). Looks like a mini LA, and will even more so when 50 bloor is built.

Four Seasons = the sexiest, most important/impact full box on the skyline.

The hotel opens in the fall. Not sure of the condo occupancy dates.

Four Seasons website says it's taking reservations for dates starting October 5th, which is well after the film festival hits town (Sept. 6-16). Four Seasons-loving celebs will have to book elsewhere (Hazelton? Windsor Arms? Ritz? Trump? Shangri-La?).

Last edited:
Oh the dearth of choice!

(But yes, it will put a strain on the city's accommodations during tiff. I am sure that if they possibly could have been, they would have wanted to be open for the filmfest. A complicating factor though; you don't want the first person on your guest register to be Angelina Jolie, you want all of the bugs worked out first.)

amazing. the Bloor/Yonge/Yorkville/Uptown Downtown skyline can hold on it's own (without seeing what lies south of course). Looks like a mini LA, and will even more so when 50 bloor is built.

Four Seasons = the sexiest, most important/impact full box on the skyline.

mini LA? They have a very small and overwhelmingly downturn/business district skyline. The only area with any real concentration of high rise condos is the Wilshire Corridors and even there you're only talking about a couple dozens buildings. Toronto far exceed Los Angeles in urban high rise development. I would put us right on the heels of the larger Chicago but a universe away from New York obviously.

Now if we could only create a few more iconic towers such as the Four Seasons we would really have cause for some excitement!

Last edited:

Back