Who will win

• Glen Murray

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • George Smitherman

Votes: 23 67.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
he can't be gay .... too fat and ugly :p

He used to be a fixture at Woody's, back when he actually wasn't fat and ugly. The sad part was he would have his staff try and pick up guys for him. I hear now he gets Stephen Harpers' wife to do that bit.

The funny thing in all of this discussion is: has anybody entertained the idea of Kyle Rae for Mayor? I mean, he's practically Smitherman Liberal already...

The funny thing in all of this discussion is: has anybody entertained the idea of Kyle Rae for Mayor? I mean, he's practically Smitherman Liberal already...

Kyle is "planning to walk away from politics and move to Spain. He's in love and won't shut up about it." That's 2nd hand verbatim and has since been confirmed by another source as an accurate sentiment. Both sources, however, say they're not convinced of the durability of that sentiment.

As long as we're falling into the trap of casting all gay politicians as somewhat interchangeable, I have to opine that Kyle Rae is to George Smitherman as George Smitherman is to Glen Murray: the three are emblematic of the disparity in quality of candidates (which I think of as "IQ", for lack of a better IQ of my own) on the municipal-provincial-federal continuum. That is, IMO Kyle is stupider than Smitherman who is stupider than Murray, who seems not to be stupid.

Municipal politics has too many dim bulbs, which is another reason I'm going to miss Miller.

Someone please tell me when it becomes politically incorrect to discriminate on the basis of stupidity. And I would also greatly appreciate it if the reigning genius on UT would remind me that I seem very stupid to some people.:)

Why are people saying Smitherman would win based on Name Recognition? I didn't know who David Miller was until he ran for Mayor, and the way things are going with the Ontario Liberals are you sure being associated with them is a good thing for his candidacy?

Glen Murray is the head of the Canadian Urban Institute so he should immediately get the votes of everyone who thinks cities are important and that policy should be based on precedent and research.

Plus he's already been mayor of a major city in Canada, so that should count for a bit more than having just some cabinet position right?

Kyle is "planning to walk away from politics and move to Spain. He's in love and won't shut up about it." That's 2nd hand verbatim and has since been confirmed by another source as an accurate sentiment. Both sources, however, say they're not convinced of the durability of that sentiment.

I hope this is true, I've never met a more arrogant person in my life!! The city will be better without Kyle Rae! (I've worked with Kyle on a few issues and he is difficult to deal with)

Back