Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a sneak peak at a rendering. Impressed by the investment that Globe and Mail is putting into animating the street level. They are indeed trying to modernize themselves into a new media company.

We're in for a treat next Monday. It's going to radically change that intersection. King West and Wellington Place neighbourhoods have a very bright future.

Guys, don't get our hopes up and set us up for a big fall. (that's just cruel) Now we are all going to expect something original and exciting. Yep, I'm getting excited with all the hyperbole.

If this complex turns out to have grey spandrel and huge, exposed HVAC units on top, I will blow a gasket.

'Rejig' to mean the renders are being delayed as they re-work the tower? Would love to see them net out with a real iconic old-school newspaper tower - like the daily planet or daily bugle ;)

Ok guys, those ones with the cameras tonight. Let's see those pics posted.
KPMB came through with a great building. We couldn't be in better hands. This is a game changer for Front Street West.

I can't wait to see this game changer of a building! I was planning on being at the meeting myself to grab some pics, but had to work late.

So how many storeys is it going to be?
The Front Street portion will be 19 storeys. I think the massing looks like a twisted sofa but according to KPMB, the inspiration was the natural looseness and folds of a newspaper, like how it curls in the top corner sometimes.

It is the design inside the building which is also truly first class. There are "Spanish Steps".

Last edited:
The Front Street portion will be 19 storeys. I think the massing looks like a twisted sofa but according to KPMB, the inspiration was the natural looseness and folds of a newspaper, like how it curls in the top corner sometimes.

It is the design inside the building which is also truly first class. There are "Spanish Steps".

Twisted sofa? Now that's a description that is very difficult to imagine!

now that's interesting! sounds like nothing we've seen in the city yet. Setting my expectations pretty high for the render :)

Don't get too excited. A mildly twisting sofa. All the haters will be after me if its not game changing. Remember where we are at Front and Spadina. KPMB is not up against much competition that's already built. It's hopefully going to set a new precedent from Spadina to Bathurst.

Even a mildly twisting sofa the way you describe it sounds much more intriguing than the standard boxes of Southcore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back