Jan 14
Like others, they should have repaired the existing handrails on Bloor and not use the run of the mill railing.

They have rebuild the Dupont Bridge edge as well a new concrete deck as far as I could see. The existing rail post are back, but the railing between them that are either new or been modified.

I noticed today there looks like to be an walkway bridge on the west side of the new bridges..

I don't know if they haven't finished the trim work at the Wallace bridge ends or are they planning on covering it like the rest of the ramp.

The bridge on Bloor westside is nicely tag and how long before the eastside gets tag??

Cameras at both ends of the Bloor Bridge

More up on my site
53467284054_0eb0e2c47e_b.jpg

53467386705_7487e470aa_b.jpg

53466057387_5bc0caf80c_b.jpg

53466962336_fcc20da74a_b.jpg

53466057217_cc9f6f9b89_b.jpg

53466962341_3bec54dbe7_b.jpg

The silver pipe running along the old Barrie bridge/now railpath at Dupont - anyone know what that is carrying?

The silver pipe running along the old Barrie bridge/now railpath at Dupont - anyone know what that is carrying?
Fiber optics cables. railways make lots of extra money running telecommunication cables through those pipes.

Fiber optics cables. railways make lots of extra money running telecommunication cables through those pipes.
Thanks. Thought it was odd they didn't mount the conduit a bit higher to protect them from a bridge strike (dump truck with its bin up etc.)

I don’t know if this signifies anything but they have erected sturdy chainlink fencing across the path at Ernest on both sides. Maybe a sign they might open this crossing?!

This may have been noted but was new to me. They are doing a lot of clean-up of the area below the railway and also digging a trench for drainage? Fibre cable mentioned above? Lighting details have appeared at the Paton underpass. Taken 9 March.

View attachment 546963
the rainwater pipes look rather spartan and utilitarian....surely they couldve done a better job at concealment or run 1 large main at the underside of the bridge and drop it down at 1 point to the main sewer. at least its uniformly constructed.

I'm partly sorry to see all those noise walls going in (maybe ML wants the distinction of having the title for most noise walls as well as parking spaces? lol) as part of the charm of riding GO for me was always the ability to peer into all the backyards, no two of which were alike. the view is so much more bland with all those (quickly tagged) uniform walls. Riding 2WAD will be a bit like riding the subway in places.

However, more importantly, it's a sign that we are truly converting those old railway corridors to permanent urban transit infrastructure. In fifty years, people will wonder about the days when an old farmer's fence was all that delineated these lines.

Sic transit transit.

- Paul

Back